State Street Vice President, Client Communications in Boston, Massachusetts
The role of the Vice President (VP), Client Communications is responsible for leading and executing communications focused on clients and internal client facing teams, and will contribute to the overall Marketing strategic planning process. The VP will develop comprehensive communications plans for Marketing initiatives and crisis communications, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance and protect the company’s overall brand and value proposition. The VP, Client Communications will be responsible for a broad range of including core message development, products and solutions promotion, and marketing support for top clients and prospects. Extensive experience with communications planning, messaging and execution, with knowledge of the financial industry preferred. Regularly exercises strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plans to advance and promote State Street solutions to various client segments
- Oversee the development and execution of client messaging and comprehensive crisis and Marketing communications plans
- Partner with the leadership team and colleagues to recognize client communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them. Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization.
- Promote, enhance, and protect State Street’s overall brand and value proposition with clients and enable client teams to do the same.
- Serve as communications consultant for sales and client facing teams
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Track project milestones and deliverables
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources, timescales and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in marketing and/or communications with increased responsibilities
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience within a variety of media
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing program
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Executive presence and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing leaders
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team player, who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and client facing teams
Ability to operate as an effective tactical resource as well as strategic thinker
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time