American Well Team Leader, Population Health Client Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Working for the VP, Population Health, Go to Market, the Team Leader, Client Management will manage the Client Management team toward unit KPIs and will collaborate actively with other Go To Market units and the broader Population Health team to create and refine Population Health products and strategies. The Team Leader will also be assigned specific client accounts, will gain the trust of clients at all levels, and will seamlessly interface between the client and the American Well team through implementations, launches, marketing campaigns, account reconciliation, and expansion of the existing relationship.
Frequent interaction with the American Well executive sponsor and other American Well leaders to keep the entire team apprised of client strategies, goals, objectives, and tactical developments is essential. This key position will be focused on client retention, client satisfaction and revenue growth. This revenue growth will be accomplished by adhering to the following fundamental objectives: expand adoption and awareness of the company’s products and services; identify new opportunities for growth and expansion; and assist client organizations to have a well trained, well educated and motivated human resources and benefit team.
Other responsibilities include:
· Provide leadership and management support to the Client Management team to meet their revenue and professional growth goals.
· Communicate regularly with subordinates and the VP, Population Health Management, Go To Market.
· Provide strategic direction around American Well’s positioning of Population Health within the existing client book and distribution partners.
· Participate in the initiation of ideas for new products and services.
· Ensure accurate reporting of team efforts and results.
· Strategize with client account leads on a weekly basis on all opportunities to ensure solutions are being effectively sold; accurately forecast respective opportunities based upon realistic assessments.
· Collaborate with the internal and external assigned client teams to develop a strategic and tactical plan to achieve the desired annual revenue targets.
· Work with client sales support, product management, and business development to complete requests for proposals/information in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
· Effectively implement and nurture clients to ensure optimal performance and success.
· Understand clients’ business objectives and vision, sharing those objectives with the American well team.
· Deep understanding of American Well’s product and specifically how it is implemented and intended to be used by the client.
· Provide input and suggestion to product development teams based on client feedback.
· Lead presentations and site visits to prepare for and conduct client, channels, and executive site visits and presentations.
· Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions.
· Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of American Well.
· Develop specific plans for how to develop new relationships.
· Demonstrate service excellence.
The successful candidate must have a background in managing people and working for or with employer human resource and benefit leaders - including knowledge of reimbursement, healthcare and employee benefits. In addition, the candidate must have excellent presentation skills, be a skilled relationship developer, possess strong planning and organization skills, have a background in client management, and be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced and changing environment.
· BS/BA Degree required
· 5 – 8 years prior experience working with or for employers or in the benefits arena
· The ideal candidate will have managed subordinates and sold products or services to health plan executives or employers
· Knowledge in Population Health is ideal and a solid background in healthcare is a must
Should you join American Well and the Client Management team, you can expect:
Account Management is a results-driven group of dynamic individuals, responsible for client satisfaction, program execution, client growth, and revenue generation. This is a team of problem solvers whose first goal is to ensure that American Well lives by the established mission and quality standards set forth in our commitments to our client partners.
The Account Management team has the responsibility of inspiring, growing and nurturing the company’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy, identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision, and to advance their initiatives. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work tirelessly with a variety of internal colleagues to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you possess leadership and problem-solving skills, political and healthcare savvy, and a serious understanding of the corporate communications needed to speak with all levels of an organization, then American Well is the place for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks