Arup Sustainability Consulting Intern (Available June 2021) in Boston, Massachusetts
Sustainability Consulting Intern (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Develop sustainability frameworks and design strategies for multiple scales of projects, while also completing environmental and social impact assessments
• Advising clients on green building technology and ratings systems (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge)
• Tracking rating system and building strategy processes, writing and editing reports, and presenting LEED or sustainability frameworks to clients, design teams, and contractor
• Sketching and digital illustrations of building concepts will be expected in order to visualize design strategies for client presentations and other external needs
• Analysis of building design strategies using 3D modeling and analysis software like Rhino, Grasshopper, and other plug-ins.
• Demonstrate research experience, as this job will likely demand both directed and individual research into architectural materials and technology, building services systems, green building and urban policy, and social and human comfort issues
• Bachelor's degree is Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or a closely related field
• Proficient in use of design software, such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, DIVA, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Knowledge of LEED and other rating systems
• Relevant internship experience
• Relevant coursework
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Architectural, Electrical, Building Science, Policy or other field in the built environment
• LEED Accredited Professional
• Previous professional or academic research experience
• Proficient in use of software like Publisher or other desktop publishing platform, interactive Adobe PDFs
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Harvard University Smith Campus Center
• Northeastern ISEC + Bridge
• Olver Transit Center
• Harvard Art Museums
• Institute of Contemporary Art / Boston
• WPI Foisie Innovation Studio & Residence Hall
• UMass Amherst Isenberg School of Management
• MIT Site 4 Residential Tower
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs