State of Massachusetts Strategic Engagement Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
*About the Executive Office of Technology Services and Security*
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) places our customers and constituents at the heart of everything we do. We offer responsive digital services and productivity tools to more than 40,000 state employees, who provide essential information and services to the citizens of the Commonwealth. We also serve constituents, providing them with digital services and tools that enable taxpayers, motorists, businesses, visitors, families, and other citizens to do business with the Commonwealth in a way that makes every interaction with government easier, faster, and more secure.
_The team - Office of Strategy Management_
The Office of Strategy Management is a team of strategy consultants, project managers, and communications specialists who guide cross-functional initiatives from vision to implementation. We serve as the lead business engagement team for EOTSS and work across agencies within the Commonwealth to improve the outcomes of projects and initiatives at the intersection of technology and constituent services.
When state agencies, including our own, identify pressing challenges in leveraging technology, members of our team partner with them to address these challenges through strategic implementation support, analysis, strategy and business case development, and thought partnership. Whether solutions are pursued by agencies independently or as joint cross-agency collaborations, the Strategy team lays the groundwork for successful initiatives. Recent and ongoing engagements include standing up a new paid family and medical leave program—the state’s first digitally-native constituent service, developing a business case and technology strategy for unemployment and career services, and leading statewide telecommunications modernization efforts that will save taxpayers millions of dollars annually.
_The role - Strategic Engagement Manager_
We are recruiting a Strategy Engagement Manager. The Strategic Engagement Manager will be responsible for leading Strategy team engagements internally and with outside agencies. You will scope, plan and execute projects with support from Strategy Associates and other resources assigned to the project. You will be responsible for delivering on project timelines, measuring progress on the project, and communicating progress and issues to key stakeholders. While valuable, a background in technology and IT is not required for this position, but eagerness to learn, empathy, and ability to leverage multiple skills sets are.
Strategic Planning and Performance Management_*
• Consult with agency executives on organizational and technology strategic planning
• Craft organizational and technology strategy by articulating goals, objectives, initiatives, benchmarks, milestones, timelines, and resource needs
• Build strong relationships across business units and agency partners
• Measure project and organizational progress by establishing goals and outcomes, and defining and managing key performance indicators
_Internal Consultative Services:_
• Complete projects through the entirety of their lifecycle—from problem identification, analysis, recommendations, implementation, operationalization, and to sustainment
• Design and redesign business processes to be more efficient and improve outcomes for constituents and agency partners
• Harness and analyze data to inform decision making and organizational design
• Identify value gaps across the enterprise through qualitative and quantitative analysis
Organizational Change Management:_*
• Work with other EOTSS staff, employees of other state agencies, and stakeholders to implement new programs, services, technology and governance structures
• Assist in developing strategies for responding to policy issues
• Craft communications to articulate agency goals, strategic initiatives, and progress
• Identify opportunities for knowledge sharing and initiatives to promote collaboration
_Required Skills, K__nowledge & Abilities:_
• 3 years’ relevant professional experience
• Strong interest in solving problems facing public-sector agencies
• Experience in a role with similar responsibilities, with a proven track record of success.
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e. High EQ), quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage relationships between technology staff and other operational areas
• Ability to manage projects from start to finish in a complex, regulated environment
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and manage competing demands
• Graduate degree in Public Policy, Business Administration, or similar field preferred
• Experience in management consulting, business analytics, public sector management, operations management, etc.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) five (5) years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional, professional internship, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A certificate in a relevant or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
II. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
III. A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) years of the required experience.
IV. A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Information Systems and Technology
Organization: *Exec Office of Technology Services and Security
Title: Strategic Engagement Manager
Location: Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Requisition ID: 190006A2