ABM Industries Strategic Account Manager, Education in Boston, Massachusetts
The Education Industry Group is seeking a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) role to serve as a strategic resource for client retention, cross-sell, and growth. The SAM is a highly visible role and will require an individual that has senior Operational and Sales experience to drive strategic support for retention and growth efforts across Top Accounts in their region. The SAM role has visibility across the high-revenue accounts (top EDU accounts) and will play an integral role in the account retention process, including the account planning, fresh-eyes, and RFP rebid/renewal process. The SAM will also be responsible for identifying and driving “new” cross-sell opportunities across the region; identifying value and additional revenue paths.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Staff & Management (https://www.abm.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/2023-Recruiting-Flyer-Staff-Mgmt-7.28.23.pdf)
The pay listed is the salary range for this position, an estimate and not guaranteed. Any specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
• Partner closely with Operations to create a client-centric retention and vertical growth strategy across top accounts in their region.
• Work alongside account teams (Project/Account Managers, District Leaders, and Vice President of Ops) to build strategic account plan to articulate retention and growth strategy for top accounts in region.
• Build trust and allyship with account teams to ensure alignment on retention and growth efforts for top accounts.
• Drive the Account Planning process for all top accounts to articulate account retention and growth strategy.
• Drive the Fresh Eyes review process. Analyze operational strengths, risks and challenges associated with retention and growth paths.
• Conduct Whitespace Analysis for all top accounts to uncover new growth opportunities.
• Partner with SME’s (across Custodial, BES, ATS, Grounds, FOM, Parking and eMobility) to stay current in-service offerings and engagement for cross-sell solutioning.
• Responsible for building trusted advisor engagement with top client accounts in region.
• Manage overall engagement between Ops, Clients and SME when solutioning “new” cross-sell opportunities to ensure successful adoption, deployment and execution.
• Identify trends and insights that help uncover best-practices for retention and growth efforts across your region.
• Create and manage engaged contacts and open-opportunities in Salesforce
• Create and manage account plan through “My Portfolio” in Salesforce
• Work with Marketing to create targeted campaigns to help drive additional revenue paths with top client accounts (as needed and approved)
• Partner with Regional Operations leaders to drive Special Projects across the region, including but not limited to identifying TAG/Special Projects across top account
• Lead the RFP/Proposal process with Ops team for rebids on top accounts in your region • Forecast “new” cross-sell opportunities in Salesforce (pipeline management)
• Assist with trade show planning, execution and attendance where required
• Strong Operational experience required (preferably in Education K-12/Higher Education)
• Sales experience (experience with cross-selling new service lines and special projects)
• Experience engaging and presenting with C-Level clients
• Ability to drive processes and project management
• Ability to influence without direct authority
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation and computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience and/or Ability to operate in Salesforce
• Strong organizational skills
• Superior skills in building trusted relationships across teams and clients
• Ability to meet firm deadlines and quarterback the cross-sale, retention, & proposal generating process
• Ability to travel when necessary, to conduct Fresh-Eyes Reviews, engage with Account teams, and support new service opportunities (30-50% times will vary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- ABM Industries Jobs