IQVIA Sr R&D Research Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Leads efforts to develop and implement IQVIA Institute thought leadership content and strategy on R&D-related topics that will be used globally to engage with leaders in the life sciences sector and other stakeholders using evidence-based insights and perspectives on the biomedical innovation ecosystem, and reflecting IQVIA’s breadth of capabilities and in support of our corporate positioning.
• Identifies thought leadership platforms where distinctive evidence-based perspectives can be developed and used to engage with leaders in the life sciences sector and other biomedical innovation stakeholders
• Develops analytic frameworks and concepts for rigorous and consistent sets of analysis that can be leveraged for multiple purposes
· Takes the lead on two or three major pieces of research per year, including the scoping, planning, research execution management, and report writing required to generate world-class content for broad dissemination
• Formulates and leads an engagement program with other external thought leaders in this space and develops credible and original positioning for IQVIA Institute research
· Maintains high quality standard of research, including some for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and is able to collaborate with academic community focused on R&D-related issues
· Works collaboratively with colleagues in the Institute and other subject-matter experts within IQVIA
• Engages proactively with RDS executive management, regional business unit leaders, and business development/go-to-market leaders on current topics related to R&D to identify capabilities and offerings to showcase in thought leadership content
• Works under tight deadline pressure when necessary to meet publication and external engagement deadlines
• Presents insights and perspectives on behalf of IQVIA Institute in external forums, conferences and events with diverse stakeholders and media
• Provides leadership throughout the company on selected global information methodology development, analytical approaches and insight synthesis on leading edge and current R&D topics
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• Other Advanced Degree in Medicine or sciences Preferred
• Ten years of clinical development experience, in pharmaceutical company or CRO required
• Has broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and issues related to R&D productivity
• Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, project management and planning skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and professional/trade associations key people and companies.
• Able to manage complex relationships and juggle multiple priorities.
• Has strong client relationship and influencing skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs