Under Armour, Inc. Sr. Lead, Brand Stylist - Global Visual Merchandising in Boston, Massachusetts
Sr. Lead, Brand Stylist - Global Visual Merchandising
Date: Feb 14, 2024
Location: Remote, US
Company: Under Armour
Values & Innovation
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
If you are a current Under Armour teammate, apply to this position on theInternal Career Site Here. (https://performancemanager8.successfactors.com/sf/careers/jobsearch?bplte_company=ua&_s.crb=aNMP8gWoYkBDFn%252bz2BldysgcgQHZpVs6tHzE9smSuXE%253d)
Purpose of Role
This highly creative role is responsible for defining and driving UA’s style positioning each season by curating relevant, on trend, Global Hero Looks and supporting the curation of each season’s DTC range. This individual ensures that the product and stories articulate the essence of the brand while inspiring and providing our consumer with the Armour they need 24/7. The work includes styling looks for in-store as well as website, digital, print, marketing, and events. The brand aesthetic and visual DNA are upheld by this individual in every aspect of content creation, ensuring coherence across story development, seasonal key looks, on-set styling, and photography. The successful candidate will be incremental in driving brand heat and omni sell-through.
This role will partner closely with the VM Seasonal Creative Direction, Brand Creative, Global Merchandising, E-comm merchandising, and Brand Marketing to integrate and optimize the intersection of brand and business. This individual will also work closely with retail marketing, as well as across channels and mediums, to ideate and formulate seasonal concepts and messaging. This individual’s digital eye and understanding of the Under Armour brand and design values, will help us continue to evolve the brand experience and conversation with our consumer.
• Lead brand styling by researching and bringing fresh creative thinking with a deep understanding of relevant trends within the sporting, fashion, and underground / up-and-coming designers.
• Improve seasonal assortment workshops, collaborate with merch and marketing teams to develop, and create seasonal assortments and storytelling opportunities.
• Drive the evolution of VM Strategies that differentiate zones, amplify newness, and inspire try-on. Influence product assortment strategy by intelligent SKU reduction through curated assortments and reinforcement of SKU capacities by zone and fixture.
• Manage the GTM process through execution of key milestone deliverables by partnering with merch and marketing team to develop seasonal strategies, zone flows, zone architecture and key story placement for all retail floor sets. Anticipate obstacles that may impact ability to deliver results. Continually evolve the GTM process.
• Drive brand style-out sessions to create compelling, inspirational looks that are authentic to the talent and/or athletes being captured.
• Partner with Digital Marketing to optimize brand and business, including on site and product planning and aligning with messaging strategy that support global marketing stories.
• Collaborate with Brand Creative Team to support the conception and creation of looks and features for Brand photography to ensure we stand for authenticity in everything we do.
• Manage photo shoot fittings and partner with Design and Fit teams to ensure that samples are fitting correctly. Style on set for Brand photo shoots or direct/ manage any external stylist.
• Plan, execute, edit, and launch Seasonal Styling Tools that direct and inspire our retail fleet of 1800+ doors each season.
• Identify implementation challenges within the UA global retail fleet. Build and execute a plan to that educates, inspires, and challenges stores to implement best-in-class styling. Keep relevant and top of mind by consistently creating and delivering new content.
• Own styling and seasonal assortment curation for any assigned focus or test doors.
• Participate in the development of seasonal floorset strategies and key color and looks-building early in the seasonal Go-to-Market process.
• Partner with Global E-comm and Retail Marketing leads to develop Seasonal Story Calendar that outlines cadence for key retail positions and ensures an omni-channel approach and visual language.
• Partners with internal / external photostudio team to communicate the styling direction / changes for each season.
• 10+ years with a variety of Retail, Visual Merchandising, Styling, and Merchandising experience
• 5+ years at the corporate level
• Portfolio required
• Stylist experience required
• Strong skills and experience within the sport apparel, or fashion business.
• Strong knowledge of Visual hierarchy
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Deep understating of color theory
• Global/International experience preferred
• Editorial Design preferred
• Proficient with MAC, PowerPoint
• Leadership Skills: may involve overseeing or guiding external stylist/stylist assistants or collaborating with other teams.
• Adaptability: Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work on multiple seasons / projects at one time.
• An undergraduate degree BA/BS or 10+ years relevant experience.
• References will be required from three or more brands/projects
Location: Fully Remote
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
$107,538.00 - $147,865.30 USD
Most new hires fall within this range and have the opportunity to earn more over time. Initial placement within the salary range, however, is based on an individual's relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the position. UA is committed to helping our teammates succeed and advance in their careers. Base salary is only one component of our competitive Total Rewards package.
Benefits & Perks
Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
Under Armour Merchandise Discounts
Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.
Want more details about benefits? Visit our page here (https://usbenefitsoverview.underarmour.com/)
Our Commitment to Diversity
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, family or paternal status and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Under Armour, Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc. Jobs