CVS Health Sr. Director, Product Development and Strategy in Boston, Massachusetts
This position will have 2 areas of focus. The first area is around driving Accordant’s care management product strategy and owning the entire product development lifecycle from concept through implementation, for new and existing products. The second area is around owning the product strategy team focused on managing the PBM & Specialty product ideation funnel. This individual would manage a team to create the business case, financial analysis, product scope and obtain approvals from trade and clinical leadership before transitioning product development responsibilities to the product leads.
Accordant Care Management:
For Accordant, the expectation would be to own the product development team and collaborate with multiple key stakeholders within the organization with a focus on successfully implementing key projects and building strong long-term relationships. It is common for the Senior Director, Product Development to work with Operations, Technical, Clinical, Finance, Legal, Analytics, Sales and many other teams. In addition the role entails the following responsibilities: Driving strategic business decisions, driving and managing the product scope, requirements, design and business process throughout the development process and effectively communicating with all business partners. The Senior Director will set and manage program scope, develop business requirements, and oversee the development of the care management solutions to achieve intended patient outcomes and financial performance.
PBM & Specialty Product Strategy:
For the broader strategy role, the expectation is to own the product ideation funnel and create the roadmap for product modifications / new builds across the PBM and Specialty. This individual would lead the product strategy team that would take input from the Specialty Portfolio team, PBM and Specialty sales, competitive intel teams, trade and others to create their ‘funnel’. The team would focus on building solutions for payers, pharma and members in the open market.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Director, Product Development include:
• Manage day-to-day relationship with internal and external partners and cross-functional support teams
• Communicate updates frequently to senior leadership and effectively communicate with program stakeholders through effective written and oral presentations
• Identify, own and manage program KPIs and financial targets
• Measure program results and assess patient and payor feedback in order to refine program and generate new product enhancement
• Maintain a start-up mindset to identify creative solutions to securing resources and overcoming obstacles to a successful program launch and ramp
• Collect market and other insights to identify key unmet market challenges
• Engage with sales, the consultant relations and all other client facing groups to identify emerging market needs and trends
• Collaborate with business leaders across the enterprise to identify opportunities to develop unique and disruptive solutions to these challenges.
• Partner with specialty and PBM executive leadership to align on priorities
• Develop and present business cases to introduce full-scale solutions and technologies
• Build and rationalize funding and resource proposals
• Partner with business development to scan potential partners and acquisitions, as appropriate
• Present/align leadership around investment go/no go decisions
12+ years of experience in product, marketing or strategy
8+ years of healthcare experience
8+ years of management experience
Master's Degree Required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs