Lincoln Financial Group Sr. Consultant, Voice of the Customer and Market Intelligence in Boston, Massachusetts
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
The Sr. Consultant, Voice of the Customer and Market Intelligence will be responsible for measuring customer satisfaction at key points in the customer journey, identifying opportunities to expand and evolve the collection of customer feedback, defining measurement approaches & definitions, partnering with analytics and research functions to support evolution and enhance data usage, keeping the business informed of evolving market trends, and highlighting potential opportunities and threats that impact the way we think about our current business and the future of our business. S/he must be able to understand our business and identify new opportunities for the application of voice of customer research, make recommendations on how best to measure feedback and interpret the results, sort through multiple sources of data and information, identify the trends most impactful to our business and effectively communicate recommendations to senior leaders to influence the organization to act on applicable trends and customer feedback. This individual will partner closely with research, data science, strategy, innovation, and competitive intelligence teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive a comprehensive Voice of the Customer strategy for Group Protection, including ownership of Qualtrics survey instance in partnership with Corporate Research team
• Establish cross-functional relationships across different departments/groups to develop a customer survey plan that expands upon our current program
• Manage the development of surveys, analysis, and continuous improvements for the current suite of studies and transactional surveys
• Partner with Corporate Research function to monitor program, execute ad-hoc studies based on business partner needs, and expand types of transactional surveys
• Collaborate with Data Science and other analytics teams to identify new insights, create models to incorporate data for enhanced decision-making and improved customer outcomes, and determine future data needs to drive expanded predictive modeling programs
• Lead cross-functional officer-level VOC Advisory Board to guide program strategy and study pipeline
• Enable the VOC closed feedback loop process and support business sponsors in their identification of tactical and strategic improvement initiatives that create an overall portfolio of improvement projects; understand status of these projects and overall impact to ensure value from VOC program
• Determine appropriate cadence and forums for sharing VOC results to the Group Protection senior leadership team to confirm and/or reinforce overall drivers of the customer experience and provide actionable recommendations for both product and service improvements.
• Drive strategy around market intelligence for Group Protection, identifying key topical areas and associated trends with the potential to impact our business, disseminating insights to appropriate stakeholders, and monitoring for changes on a consistent basis
• Lead action committees to explore the deeper nuances of each identified trend and seek out opportunities to test & learn
• Highlight end-consumer behavior trends and implications, spot new/adjacent product and market opportunities, identify developing channels and opportunities for Group Protection, understand broad strategy of key competitors and assess macro-trends and larger / strategic opportunities on an on-going basis
• Manage at least one direct report, providing structure and guidance in the execution of their work, administrative support, and talent development
• Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage complex assignments
• Works with cross-functional stakeholders to thoroughly understand tactical & strategic needs for market intelligence in order to enhance decision making, positioning & product/service offerings
• Partner with Competitive Intelligence and Group Protection strategy teams to review and disseminate key tenets of recent market research
• Coordinate with other business units’ MI functions to share insights, raise insights/concerns to senior corporate leadership and catalyze action
• Utilize external ecosystem, business partners, and other research mediums to look ahead and understand future trends on the horizon before our competitors
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
3 - 5 years of progressive responsibility for Voice of the Customer program methodologies and/or business strategy.
Prior experience with Qualtrics or similar survey analytics platform is desired.
Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills are required including the ability to deliver presentations to senior and executive management.
Travel Type: National Domestic
Travel Amount: up to 10%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs