Amazon Web Services Sr. Analytics Customer Experience Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Want to make history? Come and join the AWS Analytics team – the creators of Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, and Amazon Athena. Thousands of customers run managed databases on Amazon’s industry leading cloud computing platform.
As a Specialist within Amazon Web Services, you will shape the future of the analytics industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space.
You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers in assigned customer segments to understand requirements and turn them into reality. You will use your business savvy to increase adoption of AWS analytic services, develop programs, drive revenue and identify new opportunities.
Working hand in hand with our sales teams and solution architects, you will help deliver the finest solutions based on our platform of analytics services. Your in-depth technical background in analytics will help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right analytics services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build enablement tools and evangelize our platform with customers and valued partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and insatiable curiosity is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Analytics Specialist team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for data warehousing and analytics.
· Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our services, and that they have the resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the product development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Execute programs and workshops for our strategic customers.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to growing the business.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our strategic customers in key markets segments.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
· 5+ years of experience in pre-sales, technical account management, solutions architecture, business development or program/product management experience.
· Must have Data Analytics experience.
· Strong data analytics technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied analytics approaches (data warehousing, Hadoop, operational analytics etc.).
· Experience in large enterprise customer facing roles.
· Experience working with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, IBM Netezza or other data warehouse platforms.
· MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Boston, MA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado: The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs