Marriott Senior Sales Executive, CALA US Market Group Sales in Boston, Massachusetts
Additional Information Remote Work
Job Number 23040646
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location CALA Regional Office, 1200 S. Pine Island Road, Plantation, Florida, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The position serves as the primary sales person for a collection of complex properties with focus on the larger groups. Responsible for proactively soliciting and handling large opportunities with significant revenue potential. Works to develop, build and maintain long-term, value-based customer relationships in order to achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Depending on needs, may focus on all types of accounts, or can specialize and focus on specific segments (e.g., Corporate, Association, etc.). Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards. Provides service to our customers in order to grow the accounts.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area. 6 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Targets group accounts, markets or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Strives to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Identifies and develops new markets.
Developing & Executing Sales Plans
• Develops and implements an effective sales plan.
• Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves solicitation and prospecting goals.
• Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Maintains customer, account and opportunity data.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with Strategic Accounts, Convention Bureaus, and other property counterparts to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase market share.
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
• Participates in site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Executes and supports brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time and possesses organizational skills.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Makes calls if necessary.
California Applicants Only: The pay range for this position is $34.06 to $72.80 per hour.
Colorado Applicants Only: The hourly pay range for this position is $34.06 to $66.18 per hour.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The pay range for this position is $41.21 to $72.80 per hour.
Washington Applicants Only: The hourly pay range for this position is $34.06 to $72.80. In addition, the position is eligible for a quarterly bonus. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott Jobs