VMware Senior Product Marketing Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Boston, Massachusetts
Why VMware Carbon Black
At VMware Carbon Black (the Security Business Unit of VMware), you’ll have the chance to make a big impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. With a passionate, diverse group of people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we were recently named a “best place to work” by Glassdoor.
Why you matter
Our team is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help drive market awareness and adoption of our cloud workload protection products.
As a key member of the team, you’ll be responsible for defining, positioning (internally and externally) and driving the messaging, strategy, and execution of the go-to-market plan for offerings across the Carbon Black Cloud platform. To be a successful product marketer is to be savvy of industry dynamics and trends, a messaging expert, a constant collaborator with cross-functional teams, and a creative producer.
What you’ll do
· Thoroughly understand the IT security landscape and VMware Carbon Black’s target audience, including their pain points, buying triggers and purchase process
· Play a key role in the development of go-to-market plans and our narrative in the market
· Work closely with product management, other marketing functions, alliances, customer-facing teams (sales, customer success), and other VMware business units to drive product success
· Represent the voice of the market during product planning and launch new products/features for our expanding security portfolio
· Understand VMware’s portfolio and participate in cross-functional marketing activities and programs to drive our unified security vision
· Support sales efforts through identification of successful sales strategies, development of sales tools and assets, and impactful training and enablement
What you’ll bring
· 3+ years of product marketing experience in enterprise B2B software and a passion for cybersecurity (even if you are new to the field)
· Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
· Team player and leader, with the ability to influence without direct authority
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with autonomy
· Experience positioning technical products to technical users and business decision makers
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-10-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs