Amazon Web Services Senior Product Manager - Technical in Boston, Massachusetts
We’re seeking an experienced product leader to join us in our Boston, MA office to lead product management for AWS’s newest hybrid storage service. AWS Outposts provide fully managed AWS infrastructure and services to customers in their on-premises data centers. Amazon S3 on Outposts, launched in 2020, provides hybrid object storage enabling customers to store and retrieve data on-premises using the S3 programming model and features.
Our team is responsible for delivering this hybrid storage platform on Outposts. As part of the team, you will help shape object storage for the next generation hybrid computing platform.
Product Management at AWS is an opportunity to collaborate with engineering, design, and business development teams. We are looking for an entrepreneurial product leader who is passionate about delivering solutions to customers and excited about growing a new AWS business. Successful candidates will be able to build strategic roadmap for the business, dive into technical details working closely with the engineering team and drive the delivery of features that will delight our customers.
You will be joining an experienced team of engineers and product managers who have built and scaled services at Amazon and beyond. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to collaborate effectively with a diverse team of peers.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be:
· Developing detailed and crisp business requirements for product specifications and service architecture
· Managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support
· Working closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market
· Driving product launches, including working with public relations team, executives, finance, marketing, and legal stakeholders for your product
· Proactively identifying and resolving issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Interfacing and partnering with all levels of the AWS and Amazon business leadership
Supporting on-call engineers in resolving operational issues and managing escalation by providing timely updates to our customers and AWS leadership.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Our entire team is co-located in the Boston Seaport office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members truly enjoy mentoring others through one-on-one sessions helping them with their career growth.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience · 5+ years in software or hardware product management roles · Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
· Track record of taking ownership and delivering results in complex, cross-functional environments
· Strong entrepreneurial spirit
· Sound business judgment
· Ability to influence and negotiate
· Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities amid ambiguity
· Ability to conceptualize, run, and prioritize multiple projects
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs