Amazon Web Services Senior Product Manager, Amazon RDS /Aurora Postgres, Boston in BOSTON, Massachusetts
Amazon RDS Postgres Senior Product Manager
We're looking for an accomplished product management leader to play a big role on the Amazon RDS team. RDS powers some of the most important Internet companies on Earth. We provide a simple-to-use and reliable relational database provisioning and management service on top of PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB and MySQL, in addition to our own highly scalable database product, Amazon Aurora. Our goal is to be the best DBA a customer can find, providing the best database technology in the world, enabling companies to accelerate their growth and maintain as many 9’s of reliability and uptime as they need on their most crucial systems. Customers use RDS in thousands of different ways for experimentation, startup acceleration and mission-critical enterprise workloads, in fields as varied as tax preparation, space mission data analysis, business analytics, IOT data processing, and social networks, to name a few. We run the largest database fleet in the world, and we work hard to deliver features, security, durability, availability, performance, and scalability to our customers every day. Amazon RDS is one of the largest and fastest-growing businesses in the AWS cloud with no end in sight as businesses are rediscovering the strength of relational databases and the easy application development that leverages mutable schemas, scalable ACID transactions, and modern language interfaces such as JSON.
Are you a Senior Product Manager who has the experience to manage a business at scale while keeping your foot on the gas and continuing to provide our customers with the features they're asking for as well as the ones they haven't asked for yet? We need somebody who has a proven track record of guiding a successful business to be even more successful. One of our most exciting businesses is our managed PostgreSQL engines - RDS for PostgreSQL and Aurora PostgreSQL - both based on one of the most popular open source databases in the world. As customers move to the cloud, they are also finding that it’s time to move both upscale from less performant open source databases and down-cost from proprietary databases. Your focus will be the PostgreSQL engines business in both its current state and all future projects around it.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious and ambitious self-starter with a passion for the cloud who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer and enterprise customers. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, Internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer needs and the competitive landscape, and be able to translate customer needs into features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.
As the RDS for PostgreSQL Senior Product Manager you will:
· Understand our customers inside and out via regular calls, visits, customer briefings, your own customer advisory board, and travel to conferences, summits, and customer sites
· Lead teams across AWS, directly or by influence, that drive the Amazon RDS business forward
· Develop the RDS product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple project features
· Make the business decisions that grow adoption and usage of RDS and Aurora. Set prices, target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas.
· Work closely with all RDS and Aurora engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment.
· Launch new features and make sure our sales, marketing, and PR teams are telling the most compelling RDS story
· Dive deep into database technology to chart the vision for the next big things from Amazon and RDS for PostgreSQL.
If you think you have what it takes and you want to grow yourself while you grow a business, come talk to us!
To be considered, a candidate must demonstrate the following:
· 5+ years of Technical Product Management experience with Internet business experience
· Proven track record of helping take a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
· Demonstrated writing skills at a level suitable for presentation to executives
· Scripting and tooling experience to work with, improve, and automate reporting systems
· Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
· Technical competence with distributed systems, networking, database fundamentals, and security
· BA/BS in a technically relevant field
The ideal candidate will additionally demonstrate the following:
· 7+ years in Technical Product Management, both in individual contributor and management roles
· BS in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics
· Familiarity with Data Analytics platforms such as RedShift, and Tableau
· Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus)
· Provable and documented track record of taking ownership and driving actual business results (e.g. pipeline auditioning, revenue or margin increases, field and consumer program management with measureable results)
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
· Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple sub-projects simultaneously in order pull together a single vision
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
· Strong writing examples and a history of making presentations to hundreds or thousands of people
Tags: Databases, Postgres, PostgreSQL, Concurrency, Systems Programming, Storage, Availability, Durability, Performance, Internals, Oracle, SQL Server
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategoryProject/Program/Product Management--Technical
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States