MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Data & Services Business Development in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Data & Services Business Development
Senior Managing Consultant – MasterCard Advisors
MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
Role Description and Major Responsibilities
• Lead sales calls and new client development across all three lines of Advisors Business for an assigned set of accounts
• Deliver against sales targets for existing accounts and/or contribute to MasterCard Worldwide deal bids
• Capture senior and mid-level clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests, and identify most critical aspects of the problem
• Translate objectives into key hypotheses and structure work for large/complex projects or ill-defined problems
• Contribute to formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through face-to-face presentation
• Create succinct, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience
• Contribute to project delivery, quickly identifying shortcomings in projects and take remedial action
• Manage complete capture of assignment knowledge and drive to ensure it is available firm-wide (knowledge management)
• Contribute as a thought leader to the development of intellectual capital, point of views, articles, and blogs
• Leverage deep knowledge of all the MasterCard Advisors capabilities and how they fit together to offer new innovative solutions
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
Experience and Skills Needed
• Extensive experience in management consulting firm and/or experience in relevant industry preferably including knowledge of payment business
• Demonstrates the ability to initiate and develop a sale
• Demonstrated ability to navigate multiple silos and influence stakeholders in corporate environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame the customer’s opportunity in financial terms (i.e. value quantification)
• Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
• Ability to gain consensus with others and coordinate team of subject matter experts around goal
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144481