BlackBerry Corporation Senior Manager, Threat Research in Boston, Massachusetts
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry® – the iconic brand you know and trust – is now a market leading security software and services company. As the Internet of Things (IoT) has become the next great wave in business transformation, BlackBerry already secures over 500 million endpoints. We are leading the way with a single platform for securing, handling and optimizing how intelligent endpoints are deployed in the enterprise, enabling our customers to stay ahead of the technology curve. BlackBerry’s top customers include all the G7 governments, 9 of the top 10 global financial institutions, automotive OEMs, aerospace, defense, healthcare and media companies. Our mission is “Intelligent Security. Everywhere.”
The Senior Manager, Threat Detection builds strategic plans to foster the company mission, gets results for one or more functional areas, delivers creative solutions, and solves partner’s problems within the strategy department at BlackBerry. As a Senior Director, you are responsible for evaluating the success and coordinating a team of Threat Researchers that analyze malware, producing threat reports, providing malware intelligence, and supporting investigations for BlackBerry’s cybersecurity platform and products.
- Highly involved in business planning; interact with executives to develop plans, resolve resource requirements (handling expense priorities), and make decisions that will influence strategies.
- Work closely with management to implement plans; relay information regarding hardships and successes via verbal and/or written communication, including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Effectively communicate business risks to partners, ensuring decisions are being made.
- Make decisions on business matters and ensures achievement of objectives.
- Communicate the vision to subordinates, while leading strategy initiatives, maintaining oversight on the research, implementation, and execution of processes, strategies, and changes.
- Supervises a team that provides context characterizing the severity and functionality of potential threats; provides mentorship and solutions for the team as needed.
- Responsible for group that completes In-depth analysis which represents the detailed examination of a sample which can include but is not limited to static and multifaceted analysis, reverse engineering.
- Oversees a team responsible for supporting Strategic PoCs as subject matter authorities for all types of threats, including malware, exploits, and the attack chain.
- Stay informed on the latest security/threat analysis techniques and tools; attends applicable training, conferences, and learns new tools as needed.
- Learn and develop new skills quickly as needed.
- Protect BlackBerry operations by keeping information confidential.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Master's or Ph.D. in related field can be substituted for equivalent years of experience
- Eight years minimum related experience in security, threat analyst, or a related field. Five or more years of team lead and/or management experience preferred. Expertise and additional related experience can be substituted for managerial experience.
- Applies experienced social skills to lead by example, gain and maintain influence, and encourage others within the operational function(s) internally and with partners, customers, and others externally.
- Experienced with standard methodologies and crafting/implementing strategies.
- Experienced with common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Experience in copy-editing, proofreading, and technical writing for long documents.
- Experienced in threat intelligence tools & management platforms.
- Validated knowledge of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data from multiple sources, detailing the results, and providing relevant analysis products.
- Commanding knowledge of the principal methods, procedures, and techniques of gathering information and producing, reporting, and sharing intelligence.
- Experienced analytic writing and verbal communication skills with a proven history of briefing senior-level executives and external seniors within client organizations.
- Expert internal project management experience on intelligence and information security issues.
- Experienced with open-source intelligence research and methodologies.
Job Family Group Name: Information Technology
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- BlackBerry Corporation Jobs