Marriott Senior Manager Field Marketing MSB in Boston, Massachusetts
Additional Information Remote Position supporting Marriott Select Brands.
Job Number 22186804
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Americas Brand Marketing Digit, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Senior Manager, Field Marketing is part of the above property Shared Service organization and is responsible for developing marketing strategies across a portfolio of participating hotels as well as having oversight of the Managers, Digital Marketing on behalf of the region. Supports the Digital Managers as they set and communicate the paid media strategy and digital programming. Under the leadership of the Area Director, Field Marketing, partners closely with key stakeholders and internal/external partners to influence and implement marketing strategies. Drives topline revenue by fully leveraging marketing programs that are integrated with the total hotel strategy. Guides the development and execution of paid media campaigns, content updates/audits, property offers, and other high-impact marketing tactics across all hotels within their portfolio. As part of the Marketing team, this role is fully connected into resources in their region. The Senior Marketing Manager liaises, educates, and builds deep partnerships with their regional teams to verify all brand, local and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related major and 4 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising experience preferred.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Marketing and Digital Strategy
• Develops hotel marketing strategies for assigned portfolio of hotels.
• Influences the participation in corporate, cluster and/or regional marketing programs and works with Coordinators to verify marketing programs are pulled through at the property level across all hotels within their defined portfolio.
• Serves as subject matter expert to shared services team, putting systems and processes in place to improve portfolio performance and create team efficiencies.
• Creates training materials and resources for internal/external stakeholders and regional team on marketing strategies and focus areas.
• Maximizes the potential of established marketing vehicles within Marriott channels including but not limited to HWS, property outlet sites, etc.
• Supervises Digital Managers, Field Marketing, verifying successful execution and analysis of digital program activities, especially paid media.
• Coaches Digital Managers, Field Marketing by providing constructive feedback and supporting ongoing development.
• On behalf of portfolio of hotels, works with Digital Manager, Field Marketing to set paid media strategy and communicates with stakeholders regarding budget, strategy and performance.
• Communicates and coordinates program details, marketing strategies and status updates to all key stakeholders, including ownership groups.
• Partners closely with Area Directors of Marketing and Area Marketing Team to verify tactics are following brand standards.
• Manages the implementation and execution of identified core marketing tactics including, but not limited to:
• Internal and external website updates, audits, copywriting, pull through property-specific messaging.
• Reviews paid media campaign strategy and performance.
• Audits existing online marketing opportunities on third party and local sites.
• Verifies that content, photography, promotions and packages, and local links on hotel websites on Marriott.com are up to date and fully utilized by hotels across the region.
• Manages content for all participating hotels within assigned region using systems including: EPIC, Efast, MDS Client Community, 3rd party portals.
• Manages relationships and partnerships with internal and external partners, including Marriott Digital Services (MDS).
• Serves as the liaison between Property + MDS to verify all identified SEO strategies are properly executed across all participating hotels in the region.
• Provides key knowledge of all Marriott brand voice and copywriting ability to accurately update and support brand voice for hotel and destination, as applicable.
• Analyzes and implements key reporting to accurately capture property initiatives, tracking, budget data, etc. using project management systems.
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with Area Directors of Marketing to communicate overall recommendations and actionable next steps based on identified findings, best practices, and overall digital trends for their portfolio of hotels.
• Develops and presents marketing recommendations to Area Director of Marketing and Key Stakeholders based on key findings through reporting and audits.
• Measures and clearly communicates with key Stakeholders successes of property campaigns and eCommerce performance using relevant tools.
• Delegates key marketing tactics to Field Marketing Coordinators and verifies execution of identified tactics and responsibilities.
• Maintains and grows business of hotels with effective marketing plans and programs.
• Uses standard software applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, on-line database applications, internet).
• Provides strong relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrates ability to develop and maintain relationships (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives).
• Possesses strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Listens and counsels stakeholders on best approach, including what non-value add efforts to drop.
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of search engines and web optimization tactics.
• Possesses knowledge of leisure, group, and business transient hospitality business in defined markets, hotel sales and operations and associated challenges from the marketing perspective and food and beverage marketing trends.
• Understands need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management.
• Understands how to apply and leverage corporate marketing and eCommerce programs, platforms, and tools.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $68,775.00 to $133,653.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $83,216.00 to $147,015.00 annually.
All Locations offer health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott Jobs