BlackBerry Corporation Regional Sales Manager – General Embedded- North Eastern United States in Boston, Massachusetts
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
The Regional Sales Manager, GEM (General Embedded Market) will work within a team to grow and develop sales within the territory consisting of the North-Eastern United States, including: Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Washington DC Area.
This is a commissioned sales position in BlackBerry Technology Solutions’ (BTS) Sales organization responsible for managing and expanding the relationships within general embedded (GEM) accounts. The opportunity to grow the business with our portfolio of products, services and solutions for the Medical, Industrial, Telematics, and Autonomous markets has never been stronger. The candidate will be able to identify and develop new market expansion opportunities into multiple accounts and market verticals aligned with BTS’ corporate growth strategy.
The ideal candidate will engage with customers to understand their needs and requirements, and influence both internally and externally to align solutions and solve customer problems. Working with the Senior Director of North American Sales, the candidate will ensure target sales achievement and total customer satisfaction.
- Research, initiate, follow up, close and otherwise manage sales within an assigned geographic territory. This will include working with our Strategic Alliances and Marketing team to assess possible alliance opportunities and new market verticals respectively. Provide market feedback concerning future functionality/requirements where possible for this segment.
- Increase our market penetration in new, targeted market segments, as well as our historical markets (Medical, Transportation, Industrial Automation, etc.).
- Work with regional sales team, comprised of an assigned Field Application Engineer and an Inside Sales Representative, to analyze customer requirements, deliver product and services against customer need, and manage the sale through to revenue recognition.
- Focus sales efforts on defined accounts in the assigned territory. Both expanding our existing customer base and penetrating new companies and similar market opportunities.
- Establish customer relationships, set and manage customer expectations and account development, expand the product footprint in accounts.
- Coordinate all elements of the BTS functional departments towards meeting commitments made to these prospects/customers. This includes assisting in defining strategic marketing initiatives, liaising with R&D to communicate customer technical requirements and ensuring support commitments are fulfilled to deliver customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 + years of sales experience in sales and/or account management.
- 5 + Experience in technology product and service sales within the embedded real-time and/or related software market.
- Strong record of Tier One and/or OEM sales, new market penetration, and C level engagements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience negotiating, managing and closing accounts
- Must have knowledge of working with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Must be comfortable working in all sales media, including delivering presentations to customers and proposal writing.
Job Family Group Name: Sales
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled