Wolters Kluwer Product Marketing Manager (Remote) in Boston, Massachusetts
This is a Remote based role that can be located anywhere in the U.S. with a preference for Eastern or Central time zones
Develops the Go to Market strategy including the launch of new products and releases. Develops product training for sales team and conducts trainings. Has expert knowledge on regional or specific market trends to gain insight into segments and sub-segments, customer buying process and behaviors, and competitive landscape for product offerings. Defines the business case along with product management and finance for new product offerings. Leads the launch of new products and releases, including product positioning and operational readiness.
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is primarily responsible for leading the development of marketing strategies and plans required to build awareness and grow market share for the Professional business unit. This role will shape our go to market strategy and work across Product Management, Sales and Marketing to execute.
The Product Marketing Manager will work in concert with the product management team to analyze market conditions, the competitive landscape, customer needs and capabilities, and develop go-to-market plans that differentiate products from the competition while reinforcing customer value. They will also support the sales and client service teams through the creation of messaging, tools and sales support material, and will drive strategy and contribute to subject matter expertise for campaigns and communications to be delivered by the demand gen and marketing communications teams. The role will report to the Director of Product Marketing & Customer Lifecycle, and work closely with product management, the centralized marketing team and sales to deliver results for the Professional business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as a strategic marketing lead for the Professional portfolio
· Establishes overall positioning for go-to-market strategy, plan timelines, execute communications for product launch/sunset
· Serves as a SME in relation to the product’s value proposition and market position; assists with the training of sales teams on how to prospect and qualify target customers, demonstrate value and close sales
· Identify, communicate, and monitor competitive and industry trends to drive market strategy and inform product and campaign plans
· Drive thought leadership strategy and delivery; including webinar programs in partnership with Content Marketing
· Collaborates across centralized marketing team and segment/product stakeholders to ensure execution success across all marketing tactics
· Works closely with product management on roadmap, voice of customer and product promotion of the solution
· Deliver and maintain marketing assets that build knowledge, engagement, and competitive differentiation across the customer journey
· Project management of vendors and partners
· Manage to results: Strong project management skills, organizational skills, initiative and the ability to prioritize, set and meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage change and ambiguity:
· A strong sense of urgency and flexibility
· Ability to work under pressure, show determination and persistence
· Ability to effectively work with and influence senior stakeholders
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
· 5+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, strategic market planning or related field
· Knowledge of SaaS solutions
· Growth mindset
· Experience in B2B marketing
· Demonstrated excellence in devising go-to-market strategies and executing end-to-end marketing plans
· Strong interpersonal and team skills and the ability to foster cross-functional teamwork among sales, marketing, and product management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven strength in copywriting and translating strategy into messaging
· Sense of urgency and focus; ability to deliver thoughtful, polished work sometimes under tight time constraints
· Flexible with ability to handle multiple projects independently, and prioritize deadlines
· Microsoft Proficient; including PowerPoint
· Executive presence and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to engage leadership
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
· Experience with the following martech tools: Salesforce, marketing automation platforms (Pardot preferred), CMS systems (Sitecore preferred), Monday.com
· Partner marketing or experience with marketing APIs
· Approximately 15% of the time—domestic
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Wolters Kluwer Jobs