Thermo Fisher Scientific Product Manager, Pharmacogenomics in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Title: Product Manager, Pharmacogenomics
Requisition ID: 159163BR
Location: US - Remote
What will you do?
Our Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications. The Genetic Testing Solutions Organization within GSD is a cross-platform organization designed to accelerate growth in the clinical space. The team is dedicated to working across all genetic analysis platforms with focus on high-growth opportunities – developing products/solutions for key applied clinical markets such as infectious disease, pharmacogenomics, public health and oncology. The portfolio and pipeline include both RUO and IVD products. The Product Manager, Pharmacogenomics will focus primarily on qPCR-based RUO products for clinical molecular testing, with an emphasis on our flagship mid-density platform, OpenArray. In this role, the Product Manager, Pharmacogenomics will collaborate closely with a broad set of supporting functions to ensure the continued growth of on-market products, drive infrastructure and customer experience improvements, and expand our portfolio through new product introductions.
Customer & Market Knowledge:
Knowledge of molecular testing methods utilized in clinical applications and their strengths/differentiation. Familiar with qPCR, CE, Microarray and NGS platforms. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of human genotyping methods and applications.
Understands use cases and customer needs for Pharmacogenomics testing.
Familiar with market landscape and dynamics for Pharmacogenomics / precision medicine at a global scale, including familiarity with Regulatory and reimbursement elements.
Understands organizational requirements to commercialize products/solutions in accordance to market needs, including BioInformatics, IT and Manufacturing components.
- Strong execution – demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment; managing worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; updating and presenting business analysis regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
- Willingness to act, think outside the box and be a champion for the business; influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks, learn from set-backs and repeat; work collaboratively with other members of the product management, sales, marketing, R&D, and manufacturing teams.
- Ability to drive multi-year product strategy and roadmap, including analyzing market trends, customer requirements, competitive strategy, and identifying opportunities for increasing customer and business value through infrastructure improvements, product development, and innovation.
- Understanding of value propositions, how to leverage channel and engage customers, experience with adapting programs and strategies; Developing and presenting compelling training materials for sales teams, technical support and field application scientists.
Drive growth for on-market products by acting as global product owner: support sales & marketing efforts, and drive initiatives to improve customer experience.
Portfolio lifecycle management: Initiate and manage New Product Introductions and Discontinuation of legacy products.
Work closely with BioInformatics, IT, Manufacturing, QA, and Customer Care teams on Infrastructure projects to support our strategy.
Define market trends, customer journeys, buying processes, customer needs and growth areas.
Contribute to multi-year product strategy and roadmap. Develop business cases and collaborate with Platform, R&D, Medical and Business Development teams to assess, prioritize and develop content solutions.
Ensure prioritization and tracking of product management activities. Accountable for delivering on key milestones for revenue and project timelines. Leverage metrics to monitor performance and guide decisions.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree required in science, engineering, business, or related field. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years experience in product management with a focus on genetic analysis, preferably for pharmacogenomics applications. Some of this experience can be in related roles requiring deep product or application knowledge.
Strong presence; capability to influence and promote enthusiasm via excellent oral and written communications skills.
Experience and demonstrated aptitude managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives in a dynamic environment.
Ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization.
Ability to travel up to 25%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific , each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs