Microsoft Corporation Principal Group Product Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Help us democratize and accelerate the adoption of mobile, AI, and mixed reality in the workplace.
Satya Nadella – “With our Power Platform, we are enabling anyone with a big idea and the passion to make a difference to maximize their impact and transform their organization for the better.”
The rapid growth of the Microsoft Power Platform and specifically Power Apps has been driven by people around the world embracing a new way to innovate web and mobile apps. Organizations large and small are investing in low code as the accelerator for their digital transformation ambitions. Power Apps is a strategic growth area for Microsoft, but more importantly, it is a disruptive technology that is changing careers of ‘citizen developers’, making pro-developers far more productive and helping IT finally innovate at the pace that their businesses expect.
In this role, you’ll be leading a team of product managers working on the Power Apps Interface team – the intersection of low code and the “intelligent edge,” overseeing our mobile platform together with our low-code AI offerings and mixed reality capabilities for citizen developers. This role brings together some of the most advanced technology available with the most disruptive movement in enterprise software since the advent of the cloud, as low-code and citizen development are rapidly transforming how organizations innovate. Digitally transforming over the next 10 years will require a lot more than classic “forms over data” applications. Your group will lead the vision and execution for what a mobile-first, intelligent experience will feel like, and drive the next 10X growth in the process.
This role requires strong product thinking, leadership, customer obsession, and technical depth. You will work across engineering teams, designers, research, data, direct customer engagement, and partner teams to advance the features and capabilities of Power Apps.
Key attributes we look for in candidates:
The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with strong cross discipline collaboration skills. You have a growth mindset and take pride in creating an environment where everyone does their best work and feels empowered to bring their authentic selves.
• Passionate about making others successful.
• Customer-obsessed with the focus to cut through the noise and build what our customers need and not always what they want.
• Hungry to succeed, i.e., you should be willing to take risks, fail fast (if needed) and try again
• Excellence in leading partner collaboration across multiple teams both within and without the organization boundaries
• Qualitatively and quantitatively data-driven
• Take your deep technical and product expertise and combine it with your understanding of our customers' needs to solve their complex business challenges by advancing the capabilities of Power Apps.
• Grow a high-performing team of PMs to deliver and improve world-class product experiences.
• Champion and advocate for our customers in evolving their experience with Power Apps and ability to use the product to solve business challenges.
• Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage and wants to be part of the team.
• 10+ years of Product/Program Management experience on an end-user facing product.
• 3+ years of UX skills and shipped V1 products with good customer/user reviews.
• 5+ years of management experience
• Strong background in cloud and enterprise services or applications - part of your role will be building experiences that can connect to and integrate with a variety of Microsoft services and products.
• Strong program management, project management and cross-group collaboration skills.
• BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check : This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs