Deloitte PR/External Communications Analyst - Deloitte Digital - National_Office in Boston, Massachusetts
External Communications / Public Relations Analyst - Deloitte Consulting
Are you a public relations professional who is unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and knows how to build strong reporter relationships? A team player who can creatively build public relations efforts tied to business objectives? We are seeking a passionate and experienced external communications professional to shape Deloitte's Consulting's storytelling in the news media and with other audiences. If this is you, hit the "apply now" button!
The Cross-Consulting Public Relations Analyst will help drive media relations strategy, planning and execution in collaboration with marketing and internal comms. The ideal candidate is a public relations professional, ideally with agency experience, who has a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of a matrixed organization and work effectively as part of an integrated team. The ideal candidate also has experience in tech PR as well as supporting and preparing executives in media interviews. We are also looking for team members who can help advance our team in the adoption of latest PR practices, embrace new technology by applying to stronger PR and external comms outcomes.
Recruiting for this role will end on 15-Mar-2024
What you'll do: You will contribute to the growth and development of our organization in a variety of ways . Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting the development of trusted relationships with key leaders, business, marketing and other key stakeholders through informed and strategic public relations guidance
• Helping to develop integrated external communications strategies focused on key business priorities, and executing strategies and plans across priority campaigns to build awareness of Deloitte Consulting's capabilities and solutions in the marketplace
• Identifying ways to build and/or strengthen key tech reporter relationships, staying current on relevant news outlets (primarily technology-related), reporters and their areas of focus; and proactively pitching Deloitte leaders, thought leadership, and client impact stories
• Writing and developing press releases, blog posts and pitches and supporting leaders in their media interviews with key messages and talking points
• Helping create sponsored content - articles, videos - and maximizing those investments.
• Using metrics and analytics to build business cases and provide insights and counsel to internal stakeholders, including analyzing performance against metrics to adjust approaches in an agile fashion
• Working alongside external public relations agencies, including partnering with agencies to surface new ideas that push the bounds of our efforts to date; agency responsibilities to also include managing budgets, reviewing monthly reporting and ensuring delivery aligned with defined KPIs
• Driv ing and supporting execution and innovation across all areas and channels of communication and storytelling from messaging to new platforms and analytical tools
• Contributing to and adopting insights-driven standards for communications that champion measurement, collaboration and continuous growth.
Deloitte's Consulting Marketing & Communications team combines the power of Deloitte's brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. Through marketing and communications strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience through campaigns grounded in business insights, industry best practices, creative power, and digital execution.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
• Communications professional with a minimum of 1+ years of relevant experience in tech-related public relations work
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations, or Journalism
• Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategies and communications plans for a large B2B business, preferably in professional services
• Strong writing skills in a variety of different styles and formats
• Avid consumer of news and the pulse of trends in PR
• Experience in collaborating across a multi-disciplinary marketing team and navigate a matrixed organization
• Strong communication skills, and the ability to confidently provide strategic counsel, ask good questions, challenge the status quo, suggest alternatives, and articulate pros and cons
• Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid priorities, gain consensus through influence, change course when warranted, and manage multiple and complex priorities efficiently and effectively
• Ability to successfully engage and help manage an external PR agency
• Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies
• Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word as well as Muck Rack, and other PR/comms tools; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs
How You'll Grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $61,120 - $91,680.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs