RELX Group Practice Area Consultant in Boston, Massachusetts
Practice Area Consultant
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This position exists to create preference and active-users in law schools and law firms for LexisNexis products and services in an assigned territory by assessing the needs of the customer, developing school & firm-specific business plans, and offering relevant product trainings to students, attorneys, faculty members and other LexisNexis users.
• Holding frequent group and 1:1 trainings on LexisNexis services and products and relating, discovering, advocating, and supporting law school and law firm customers in order to win preference and increase active users.
• Create relationships with individuals at all levels of a law school and law firm, including students, faculty, associates, partners, librarians and leadership (i.e. law school Dean-level and law-firm managing partners)
• Develop yearly and semester long strategic account plans (which will differ school-by-school and firm-by-firm) with goal of achieving preference and increasing active users.
• Demonstrates deep product, content or practice area knowledge; acts as internal resource for sales, marketing and segment.
• Manage entire law school account independently and partner with law firm internal client managers to overcome customer challenges and effectively position them to continue Lexis preference and active use and close significant opportunities.
• Prepares and delivers specialized customer presentations that communicate our value proposition and competitive differentiators to create new active users.
• Conducts competitive research, analysis of findings and shares information with product, segment and marketing.
• Develop and execute creative marketing strategies aimed at positioning LexisNexis as the superior source in meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff at law schools and partners, associates and staff at law firms.
• Target, hire, and actively manage hourly student workers to assist in the accomplishment of goals at law schools.
• Juris Doctorate. A State Bar membership, highly preferred.
• 2-3 years proven sales experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong ability to create relationships and connect with customers
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing on account plans and coordinating key stakeholders and resources to positively impact clients.
• Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and technical knowledge.
• Able to work as part of a team, accomplishing mutual team goals.
• Able to work independently and own and manage a territory.
• Ability to lift/carry laptop or IPad and other sales materials up to 25 lbs.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its LexisNexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.