City Winery Marketing Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
The Marketing Manager works with all departments within City Winery, while managing brand messaging to our customers and media relationships. Serving as a representative of the City Winery brand, the Marketing Manager will work closely with outlets to secure branded opportunities across radio, television, and digital platforms to ensure awareness.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all marketing directives for our Philadelphia property
• Develop local initiatives in coordination with National Director and General Managers to increase market data base
• Coordinate weekly programming email for our members known as VinoFile’s and main database
• Develop, grow and administer email databases, including audience & prospect information, mailing list applications, etc.
• Focus on shows that are not selling as well as they ought to, particularly those with high guarantees; work with Programming to strategize opportunities for improvement and connect weekly with relevant parties.
• Manage all media contacts in music, wine and food channels. Establish and maintain good standing with key reviewers, bloggers, writers and traditional media tastemakers. Collaborate with outside PR Agency on press releases and listings to be sent weekly; copy all relevant parties (General Manager, National Marketing Director, etc.)
• Guide Marketing Coordinators to keep an updated slide show in service at all times in venue as well as all marketing collateral
• Conceive and create effective and cost-efficient marketing collateral across all departments in coordination with Graphic Designer, including Quarterly Brochure, Insertions, Postcards, Posters, Slide Show, Other Printed Material (created booklets, mailers and in-house marketing materials, etc.). Implement constant and frequent distribution on and off site using a network of interns.
• Prioritize daily, weekly, & monthly tasks to Marketing Coordinators and/or department interns
• Build and maintain up-to-date media databases with targeted outlet lists in music, food, wine, wedding, etc.; keep a current copy on a shareable drive for company access.
• Oversight of all local social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Upkeep with content & reviews for all other digital platforms such as TripAdvisor, OpenTable, Yelp, & Google
• Oversee donation/philanthropic requests including gift-giving and auction requests; some requests may require external approval.
• Collaborate and meet regularly with local directors and GM (individually or as a group when necessary) to coordinate all projects and ensure consistent messaging.
• Turn in a bi-monthly marketing report highlighting goals and expectations
• Work with Special & Private Events Teams to help promote when appropriate; collaborate with the teams to create and promote beverage and food-based events.
• Promote the Artist Wine Program, winemaking, wine dinners, tours, and other winery highlights that give our facility uniqueness.
• Collaborate with Operational Management to ensure all CW retail items are displayed to promote sales and all in-house collateral is up-to-date and displayed in designated areas.
• Work with GM on any mobile or discount site promotions for F&B.
• Oversee City Winery’s electronic marketing efforts including uploading all information to website to keep it active and current.
• Update home page and show information with focus on time sensitive shows and events and/or those with large financial investment. Collect photos and logos to upload to site from Programming or Talent directly.
• Update Facebook page; make additional connections for show, wine, & food promotions and make sure artists are promoting shows on their sites as well.
• Drive traffic to our website through external links, including all artists websites, wine event websites, partner websites, etc.
• Collaborate with all departments on content to create blog posts bi-weekly for homepage
• Other administrative tasks as needed