Curia Manager/Director, Discovery, Development and Analytical Services Business Development (East Coast) in Boston, Massachusetts
Business Development Manager/Director for Discovery, Development, and Analytical Sales – East Coast
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Business Development Manager/Director for Discovery, Development, and Analytical Sales is an integral part of the Curia team, contributing to our success by identifying, quantifying and capturing new business opportunities for our R&D services to pharma markets in the US to grow our existing business.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
• Proactive, hands-on approach to business development to ensure that revenue/EBTDA targets and key performance indicators are constantly over-achieved with incremental revenue and margin growth from both the existing customers, as well as identifying and penetrating in new accounts
• After the firm's strategic objectives have been identified, selecting target customers and the desired positioning for the company, product portfolio determined, focusing on how to best implement the chosen marketing and sales strategy for the business development activities in your geographical region
• Working to proactively develop strategies for prioritizing and implementing sales and marketing plans
• Working closely with the Inside Sales Teams to assess new enquiries and new customer targets
• Develop new business opportunities with the respective accounts and use internal resources efficiently to convert these opportunities into successful projects and improve financial performance
• Develop and maintain a current understanding of Curia’s capabilities and capacity as well as an understanding of the external marketplace (e.g. Conditions, trends and competitors)
• Identify, Qualify and Contact potential customers to generate inquiries for Curia’s discovery and development capabilities and services
• Prepare and deliver new quotations in collaboration with Curia’s respective technical teams on inquiries from customers
• Negotiate agreements of sale or purchase orders with customers
• Prepare and plan customer visits in line with company policies
• Prepare visit reports, and input data to maintain prospective databases/CRM
• Contribute to the implementation of marketing initiatives, including providing market information, distributing materials, and attending tradeshows
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, preferably in synthetic organic chemistry. A PhD would be an advantage
• 5-7 years of experience within a similar field and with experience in business development
• Significant pharmaceutical industry knowledge and Business Development experience, preferably related to discovery services, chemical development services across all clinical phases and experience of working with multiple customers and projects of all sizes
• Significant industry knowledge and contacts with new small start-up biotech companies as well as small and mid-sized pharma companies across Europe
• Significant business development skills together with Sales and Marketing experience
• Project Management skills
• Strong commercial awareness and a service industry mentality
• Demonstrable success in a fast-paced and often intense environment
• The ability to travel, including a valid driver’s license
- U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a “Company”) must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual’s disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Curia Jobs