Charles River Laboratories Key Accounts Director, Biologics Solutions & CDMO Services (North East Territory) in Boston, Massachusetts
Key Accounts Director, Biologics Solutions & CDMO Services (North East Territory)
Req ID #: 154471
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Gaithersburg, MD, US, 20878 Preston, CT, US, 06365 Billerica, MA, US, 01821 Framingham, MA, US, 01701 Poolesville, MD, US, 20837 Kingston, NY, US, 12401 New Haven, CT, US, 06519-6052 Voluntown, CT, US, 06384 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Catskill, NY, US, 12414 Worcester, MA, US, 01608 Pittsburgh, PA, US, 15213 Willimantic, CT, US, 06226 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Hartford, CT, US, 06106 Groton, CT, US, 06340 Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 Wayne, PA, US, 19087 Oak Hill, NY, US, 12460 Hanover, MD, US, 21076 Storrs, CT, US, 06268-1198 East Kingston, NH, US, 03827 Frederick, MD, US, 21701 Lowell, MA, US, 01854 Boston, MA, US, 02116 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Rockville, MD, US, 20850 Bethesda, MD, US, 20892 Fredericksburg, VA, US, 22405 Newark, DE, US, 19711 Lebanon, CT, US, 06249 Hamden, CT, US, 06518 Washington, DC, US, 20016-8061 US Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Malvern, PA, US, 19355
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Create and execute a long-term strategic sales plan for Charles River Laboratories Biologics Testing Solutions products and services for large target accounts which are of significant strategic importance to the organization in order to increase market penetration/share, improve customer satisfaction, and improve sales growth and profitability. A territory will continue to be maintained in this role and will require some duties as detailed in the Sr. Sales specialist role
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement a sales plan that focuses on Biologics Testing Solutions products and services across all of the client’s sites. This will include both a high level strategic plan as well as detailed tactical plans.
• Develop and implement a communication strategy (internally and externally) to make sure that all constituents with accountability within the client and CR are informed of all ongoing activities.
• Develop strong relationships at all levels within the client including high, executive level, of large target accounts focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship.
• Develop and implement Executive and other committees made up of key CR and client staff to handle escalation of issues, tracking of client and CR key metrics, training programs, and identify areas of growth as needed.
• Represent Charles River Laboratories to the customer and advocate for the customer within Charles River Laboratories.
• Accountable for the development of sales estimates (forecasts) for assigned accounts.
• Create and maintain a detailed analysis of the customer(s), including organizational structure, key executive profiles, R & D focus, key therapeutic initiatives, pipeline, internal strategic initiatives
• Develop an in depth understanding of the customer needs, buying behavior, purchasing & decision making approach and recommend creative solutions, methods and procedures to meet customer expectations.
• Create monthly and quarterly progress reports as needed to provide the Charles River management team with detailed plans in place to achieve desired results.
• Provide leadership for the continued development of the Global Accounts process including initiatives that will improve efficiency and effectiveness (i.e.keeping SFDC up to date with all key interactions, use of team sites and other tools within Office 365 to manage relationships across CR).
• Support territories as required and designated by Management
• Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Life Sciences or related discipline. Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) or life science preferred.
• Experience: 10+ years selling both products and services to the pharmaceutical, medical device or healthcare provider sectors required; biopharma R&D experience preferred. Five years experience selling at a National Accounts or senior level preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
• Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs