State Street Institutional Sales, Insurance Specialist, VP in Boston, Massachusetts
*VP, Institutional Sales, Insurance Sales Specialist*
In the dynamic and evolving market of ETFs, our clients look to SPDRs for leadership and education on the solutions ETFs can provide. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), a global leader in ETFs, has established a dedicated team focused on the insurance market’s growing utilization of ETFs – a key growth channel for the Global SPDR business. We are looking for a motivated and experienced Sales Specialist to join our Insurance Sales team for the SPDRS business.
As a member of our Institutional Sales team, you will be responsible for bringing the best of the SPDRs brand and act as a subject matter expert to our growing Insurance client base. Your responsibilities will include direct coverage and development of Insurance relationships, growing our client franchise, developing and delivering against sales plans and working across the greater State Street organization to bring the most effective solutions to our clients.
To be successful, you will need to develop a deep understanding of our products, our clients and our firm. You will need to effectively collaborate with the Fixed Income Group, our extended Sales teams, Capital Markets Group, Marketing, Sector Solutions, Research and Product teams. And you will need to clearly communicate strategy and targets to Senior Management.
This role is part our Institutional Sales team, reporting directly to the Head of Institutional Sales.
- Execute strategic growth strategy with insurance companies for the Global SPDR business
- Represent the SPDR franchise to insurance general accounts throughout the country by sourcing leads and growing existing relationships
- Deliver against activity, pipeline and growth targets
- Work closely with the SPDR Insurance Team to identify market opportunities and deliver targeted solutions to clients
- Collaborate closely with key internal partners to drive success, including: State Street Global Services – Princeton Financial Systems / PAM Accounting Software, Institutional Client Group, Capital Markets and Fixed Income Group
- Manage key Insurance Relationships.
- Direct Sales Coverage of existing clients, while leveraging our extensive Institutional franchise to grow our client base.
- Develop and execute against targeted sales plans, with a deep understanding of our strategy and our client’s priorities.
- Become an expert in our products, use cases and composition.
- Represent the firm in client presentations, industry events and forums.
- Encourage, mentor and lead the younger members of our Institutional Sales team.
- 7+ years of Industry experience, preferably in the ETF and/or Insurance market
- Series 7 and 63 required
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Deep familiarity with the Insurance investor base
- Investment experience preferred
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature
- Strong analytical ability, maturity and discernment in dealing with institutional investors
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- Committed to team excellence
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Vet / Disability Employer.
*About SPDR Exchange Traded Funds*
SPDR ETFs are a comprehensive family spanning an array of international and domestic asset classes. SPDR ETFs are managed by SSGA Funds Management, Inc., a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation. The funds provide investors with the flexibility to select investments that are precisely aligned to their investment strategy. Recognized as an industry pioneer, State Street created the first US listed ETF in 1993 (SPDR S&P; 500® – Ticker SPY) and has remained on the forefront of responsible innovation, as evidenced by the introduction of many ground-breaking products, including first-to-market launches with gold, international real estate, international fixed income, and sector ETFs. For more information, visit www.spdrs.com.
*About State Street Global Advisors*
For nearly four decades, State Street Global Advisors has been committed to helping financial professionals and those who rely on them achieve their investment objectives. We partner with institutions and financial professionals to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven process spanning both active and index disciplines. We take pride in working closely with our clients to develop precise investment strategies, including our pioneering family of SPDR® ETFs. With trillions* in assets under management, our scale and global footprint provide unrivaled access to markets and asset classes, and allow us to deliver expert insights and investment solutions.
State Street Global Advisors is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation.
*Assets under management were $2.4 trillion as of December 31, 2016. *AUM includes the assets of the SPDR® Gold ETF (approximately $30.6 billion as of December 31, 2016), for which State Street Global Markets, LLC, an affiliate of SSgA, serves as the distribution agent.__
- Posted 30 Days Ago
- Full time