State Street Institutional Account Executive VP in Boston, Massachusetts
The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products, they need advice and solutions that help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking an institutional sales person who can excel in that environment and partner with others on the team to do the same. Are you that individual?
As an Account Executive within our Institutional Client Group, you will focus on business development efforts with institutional clients and prospects in the Americas. You will be responsible for helping to drive our sales strategy and expand SSGA’s market share with institutional relationships by driving growth across our full product suite, including index, actively managed and multi-asset class strategies. To execute that strategy, you will be responsible for creating, identifying, advancing, and closing new business opportunities in a manner that leads to the successful achievement of robust activity and sales targets. You will engage internally across the organization to partner with the product, marketing and investment resources of the firm to address the ever-changing needs of our clients and translate a client’s needs into actionable ideas from the SSGA toolkit. Do you have the experience and skill needed to drive this business forward?
To be successful, you will need to become the subject matter expect on your clients and prospects, combining that expertise with a deep understanding of SSGA’s investment capabilities, product and service offerings, culture and vision in order to effectively communicate each in a compelling way. You will also need to build positive relationships across the broader sales, relationship management, product marketing, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle.
This role is part of and reports to the Head of Public Funds and Taft-Hartley in the Americas Institutional Client Group.
*THIS POSITION REQUIRES:*
- A 10-15 years experience and a successful track record selling to institutions, including success positioning of active strategies and exceeding growth targets
- Demonstrated track record of success building complex solutions with and for clients, including actively managed and multi-asset class strategies
- You have the ability to build mutually valuable relationships with clients and prospects that meet their needs while also aligning with SSGA’s long-term revenue and profitability goals
- Existing industry profile and relationships that can help accelerate the success of sales initiatives
- You are able to build executive-level client relationships, including C-suite engagement, that result in mutually beneficial partnerships
- Strong technical ability, investment acumen and the ability to understand and appreciate the details
- You have a record of setting, measuring, meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- You are able to utilize data and metrics to achieve strategic objectives
- You possess excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with prospects, clients and internal colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- An insatiable desire to win
- MBA, CFA or similar strongly preferred
- Series 7, 63 and 3 required
*ABOUT STATE STREET*
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time