State Street Head of State Street Global Markets in Boston, Massachusetts
The Head of State Street Global Markets “SSGM” primary role is to drive the growth of SSGM’s product areas and to continue to Maximize SSGM’s technology, effectiveness, lead and develop our talent and nurture and expand our client base. The Head of SSGM will be responsible for the strategic direction of all product areas as well as have ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of companywide objectives especially in the areas of Risk & Compliance. This position will have global responsibility for new product development and commercializing SSGM’s products and services. This role will also be responsible for leveraging insights, learning across different geographies to align client strategies, develop solutions and lead the execution of the strategic plan to ensure growth targets are met. A crucial part of this role will be working closely with our recent acquisition, Charles River Development, to collaborate on how SSGM can distribute liquidity through this new platform. This role is ultimately responsible and accountable for the risk and controls of this business for driving improvement of internal controls. The Head of SSGM is also a key advocate and driver to enhancing a culture that values diversity, new ideas and professional challenge.
- Create and execute the overall SSGM vision to clients and internal stakeholders
- Continue enhancement of SSGM’s product roadmap
- Oversight of the annual financial plan as well as P&L; and to develop strategy, business plan, and partnerships to drive profitability and revenue growth
- Ensure technical architectural vision is being accomplished
- Continued development of SSGM’s value proposition
- Ensure that the sales, marketing and pricing strategies are being executed
- Build/Partner/License to support a strategy capability as well as possible competitive M&A; transactions.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Risk Management and the Business Control team members to ensure all governance, risk and controls are properly managed
- This role is crucial in analyzing and identifying technology obsolesces as well as driving to ensure solutions are put in place
- Additional responsibilities will require this role to partner with our current and future technology vendors as well as future acquisitions to maximize SSGMs technical capabilities and footprint
- Oversee and drive the organization to manage all aspects of product strategy and execution
- Drive new solutions in the areas of portfolio analytics and data science
- Collaborate across SSGA, SSGX and State Street to identify new capabilities that can be incorporated into our product strategy and work closely with our clients to develop and deliver new products and services
- Oversee the strategy to open up and leverage internal STT distribution opportunities for SSGM – drive new product opportunities with existing client base, oversee the strategy to get the message out and ensure focus across internal groups
- Engage when needed in strategic client discussions to help showcase SSGM’s offerings
- The Head of SSGM will report to Lou Maiuri, EVP and Management Committee Member
- Direct reports will include the Global Head of Sales & Trading and Research, Global Head of Electronic Trading Solutions, Global Head Portfolio Solutions, Head of Global Credit Finance, Head of Collateral Optimization, Chief Operating Officer, Global Head for Business Support, Head of Enhanced Custody and Head of Strategy
- Deep domain expertise of the broker dealer environment as well as Investment Research and Trading with a strong knowledge Foreign Exchange, Securities Lending, Enhanced Custody, Currency Management, Equities Trading and Transition Management.
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration as well as an advanced degree in one these fields is a plus
- Strong experience with electronic trading systems and markets
- Previous experience driving growth of a commercial business and P&L; responsibility
- Previous experience developing external partnerships
Based on the priorities of the position, candidates must possess most or all of the following core competencies:
*Global Mindset –* Candidates must also have a proven ability to think and act globally, harmonizing global, regional and local objectives.
*Managerial Leadership –* Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to motivate employees, build teams and relationships and create a results-orientated environment. Personal and organizational accountability, independence and fairness among colleagues and employees, particularly in a multi-cultural environment are also important. A demonstrated ability to develop employees, manage and lead successfully in a matrix environment is important.
*Regulatory/Compliance Knowledge –* The candidate must have adequate knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory environment globally and thus familiarity with or exposure to, international regulations would be optimal.
*Influencing and Partnering Skills –* It is vital that the individual has the proven ability to form constructive relationships with State Street’s executive management team and be recognized as a partner and resource. The candidate will have a demonstrable record of engaging with executive teams in shaping business strategies and of being seen as able to identify solutions in addition to potential issues.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time