State Street Head of Index Market Data Services, Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
- Our Section Lead for Index will head up State Streets Market Data Services Index operations, driving both the strategic direction our organization will take as it pertains to Index consumption, licensing and 3rd party partnership as well as help transform the index consumption, licensing and distribution operating model to meet new Business Unit demand and changing industry trends. Responsibilities are global in nature, and spans across all our divisions, be Buy-Side, Sell-Side or Custody.
- Develop and implement an effective, creative and functional Index category strategy in line with corporate and department goals.
- Support the business and drive the global Index strategy and contract negotiation process across the enterprise.
- Lead negotiations in complex, high impact or volatile situations involving high business risk, and achieve optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings.
- Work with Sourcing teams to ensure a streamlined sourcing process, minimizing time to market for new index requests, and ensure contract and licensing obligations meet the business needs.
- Engage and work closely with business partners and senior management on more strategic sourcing and 3rd party partnership opportunities, coordinating data and functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines as well as the drive the commercial aspects of these vendor engagements.
- Collaborate with Business, Legal and Third Party Risk to obtain beneficial commercial and legal contract terms, mitigate business risk while allowing for growth and additional revenue opportunities.
- Proactively manage vendors through the contract lifecycle by monitoring their fulfillment of obligations and services and by performing benchmarking through scorecards, performance metrics and other means, including managing a tight contract renewal process for Index vendors.
- Communicate, incorporate and execute senior management and department level vision, strategy, and business objectives for the Index section.
- Maintain contracts and contract data in globally centralized contract management and expense databases, and ensure colleagues and business partners are informed of contractual obligations and trained appropriately so to comply with licensing terms and conditions.
- Participate in relevant industry groups, representing State Street, and track and communicate industry trends and market intelligence back to our stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Index licensing and/or vendor management.
- Extensive negotiations experience a benefit.
- Experience with or from Index or Market Data vendor is highly desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization.
- Proven project management skills including the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
Technically proficient on standard business applications and able to learn new technologies as they relate to this role.
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time