Wellington Global Marketing Events Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are looking for an Events Manager to join our Global Marketing team, reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications. This person will be responsible for leading and executing the firm’s global events program, including both in-person and virtual events (corporate and proprietary events, sponsored conferences) and ensuring all events are effectively planned and executed from initiation through post-event evaluation. The successful candidate will have technical knowledge to lead effective event execution using the latest technology solutions and will bring with them a network of preferred vendors, suppliers, and event partners. Previous experience managing events in the asset management industry is required. The Events Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining global relationships with senior leaders and internal stakeholders, including business partners, regional marketing colleagues, event managers, outside vendors, and third-party service providers. The successful candidate will have experience producing and managing large scale, innovative global and high-profile events, and providing tactical guidance.
Key responsibilities include:
· Leadership and Management: collaborate with senior leaders and internal stakeholders on the planning, budgeting, and design of internal and external client events in support of firmwide strategic initiatives, marketing and brand priorities, and stated objectives.
· Technical Knowledge: strong understanding of meeting technologies. Manage in-person and virtual events. Plan, design, produce and execute events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
· Best Practices: identify, socialize, and implement global best practices (technology, content activation, execution) with regional event managers.
· End to End Meeting Execution: lead event management from sourcing, to execution, to post-event evaluation. Identify opportunities for improvement and influence future decision making.
· Metrics: Partner with data analytics team and fellow event managers to develop and implement event dashboard.
· Client Focus: build relationships with internal and external business partners.
· Partnerships: manage external events contractor and preferred AV vendor. Source, negotiate, and manage relationships and contracts with external suppliers, venues, and vendors to achieve the highest standards of excellence and cost efficiencies.
· Creativity: ability to generate creative ideas and approaches for events.
· Budget Oversight: oversee overall events budget and manage individual events within budget parameters.
· Internal Processes: establish processes and standards across a dynamic organization.
A solid understanding of the investment industry is a pre-requisite, along with the ability and willingness to travel as required. Prior experience with in-person events, virtual events, and event management technology platforms is required.
· 5-10 years of industry experience
· Understanding of asset management industry, investments and a strong curiosity for learning
· Proven record of meeting and event planning and operations experience
· Portfolio of previously managed events
· Ability to work consultatively with senior leadership
· Demonstrated decision making ability
· Efficiently lead several projects at once, in various locations and at various phases of execution
· Excellent time management and communication skills
· Effective communicator and presenter
· Eager to work collaboratively with a team
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .