State Street Global Head of Investment Communications in Boston, Massachusetts
Global Head of Investment Communications
We are seeking a senior investment communications professional to lead our Investment Communications team within Institutional Marketing. He or she will work closely with Portfolio Strategists, Researchers, Investment Teams and Sales leadership to set the strategic agenda for our Thought Leadership programs. He or she will chair our Editorial Board with responsibility for shaping key investment themes, leading healthy debates on investment ideas and important market issues facing our clients and prospects.
You are a talented, strategic thinker who can guide your team of writers to deliver institutional-quality viewpoints and thought pieces that are relevant and timely and demonstrate a strong command of the global financial environment. You will be responsible for the writing and editing of white papers, market commentary, blog posts, op-eds, scripts, and occasional speeches for the firm’s CEO, CIO, Chief Economist, and portfolio managers.
Your passion for the industry will surface through your story telling and ability to convey your point of view in innovative ways to deliver our key messages. You will champion the brand and our investment philosophies to convince your readers that our opinions and recommendations are necessary in all aspects of their decision-making process.
You will partner with other contributors across Marketing and Communications, such as design, digital experience, PR and channel teams and align with business goals and priorities.
Key Skills you will bring to the role:
- Well-developed editorial know-how and technical knowledge of investing targeted to our institutional clients.
- Deep understanding of financial markets, portfolio construction, financial instruments, asset owning institutions and the investment management industry
- Ability to manage a senior and junior staff of writers, editors and thinkers and lead the planning and execution of our flagship publications and thought pieces, including thought leadership white papers, market commentary and blog posts.
- Edit and write featured content with emphasis on developing strong points of views and lively writing that demonstrates our conviction about the market conditions, implications for clients and investment ideas.
- Contribute to strategic planning around future content programs, working closely with institutional sales and marketing leaders across the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects, changing priorities and key partners at the same time
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to effectively interact with senior executives, investment teams, marketing and sales teams across the globe
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Economics, Finance, Communications, Marketing or equivalent
- 15+ years wring and investment content development experience for institutional audiences in the investment management industry
Financial journalism background a plus – MBA /CFA or progress towards one or both a plus
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time