Amazon Web Services Global Field Comms Lead in Boston, Massachusetts
Are you a big thinker, with a passion for helping organizations run more effectively and efficiently? Are you data-driven, with a high degree of ownership? If you have relentlessly high-standards and are interested in working hard to reinforce the mission and culture of our fast-paced, global team, we want to hear from you!
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services across the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and innovative people.
At AWS WW Enablement, Training, & Communications, we strive to maximize our customer-facing team’s effectiveness and efficiency so that they can bring value to our customers in every single interaction. To deliver on this mission, we are seeking a Global Field Communications Transformation Lead to re-envision how we communicate our customer-facing teams, enabling them to become the most connected and engaged team in the workforce today.
The ideal candidate will be a problem solver that can breakdown complexity and address challenges by designing innovative, scalable, flexible, and sustainable solutions. This leader will have experience running large and complex strategic initiatives, and expertise in sales operations and process re-engineering with a demonstrated track record of delivering tangible increase in revenue growth, sales productivity, and customer experience. Ability to think big and execute flawlessly is critical to be successful in this role. Ability to partner with field teams and collaborate across business teams is imperative to deliver on program objectives. This transformation leader must have proven skills in designing strategic frameworks, business metrics, processes, tools, and analytics.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement Think Big, transformational field communications strategies for AWS that enables the organization to speak with one voice to customer-facing teams globally.
· Work across the AWS organization at all levels to understand the current landscape, conduct root-cause analysis, evaluate external trends and best practices, and bring to life new ways of communicating that streamlines information, prioritizes top news, and reduces noise.
· Drive strategic initiatives from inception to delivery by prioritizing, analyzing, designing and deploying appropriate solutions, to deliver a premium field experience leading to increase productivity and revenue growth.
· Lead development of key documents/ narratives for the team, raising the bar on helping to improve the quality of our internal documents and ability to 'sell in' our vision to leadership.
· Identify new communication channels, outside of email, that enable our customer-facing teams to digest information in both traditional and modern ways that are highly conducive to learning.
· Serve as change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization. Build and leverage strong working relationship across key stakeholder groups, such as service teams, marketing, enablement, operations, and business leaders, as well as frontline field employees and managers.
Open to Seattle (WA), Dallas (TX), Arlington (VA), or Boston (MA).
· 10+ years’ of internal or communications experience
· A bachelor’s degree
· Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as , Communications, Human Resources, or Analytics
· Program or enablement experience
· Excellent and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrate strategic confidence under tight timeframes. Able to combine situational information with logic to deliver strategic communications for executive leaders in rapidly evolving situations.
· Market and industry aware. Able to spot emerging topics and developing proactive plans with , including crafting communications.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs