State Street FX IT Program Management Director in Boston, Massachusetts
State Street Global Markets FX Sales and Trading business is embarking on a multiyear strategic growth initiative which will focus in maximizing market share growth rate while expanding into new and emerging foreign exchange markets and products/services. As part of this growth strategy State Street Global Markets Technology is seeking talented Foreign Exchange (FX) IT professionals to join an already established team who will engineer the next generation of FX applications. Candidates will work closely with business users, developers and testers to build applications to support State Street’s FX electronic trading, sales trading, risk management trading and customer products such as StreetFX. Candidates with a track record for delivery and market experience developing solutions for foreign exchange trading and e-trading market participants will find opportunities to leverage their real life experience in a highly collaborative global organization.
The Program Management Director will lead a development group which will architect, design, and develop core re-useable functionality, tools, and services. These components will enable new product development and integrations and bridge from current systems to the future state. The team is based in Boston and will use agile software development methodologies, Open Source, and a combination of vendor and custom software to deliver capabilities to end users and development teams in a rapid and incremental fashion. The Director will be responsible for coordinating activities with other architecture and development teams and articulating the architectural vision of the program to senior managers and executives in Global Markets and information technology.
This is a senior management position focused on assuring the core functionality, services, and tools developed by the team meet the needs of the other development groups, adhere to corporate architecture standards and objectives, and meet the financial and technical objectives of the overall FX program. The individual in this role will manage a team in Boston and supporting staff from contract vendors in multiple locations and time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years experience in Financial Services, preferably: Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Equity or Securities Lending.
- 5+ years as a program/project manager or manager of a business unit. Previous financial management experience required, with P&L; responsibility a plus.
- 5+ years managing highly technical teams and projects, with recent relevant experience as a software architect, developer, or infrastructure manager a strong plus.
- 5+ years managing internal or external client expectations and
- Successful track record of delivering projects and programs using lightweight or agile approaches.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and Open Source software licensing.
- 8+ years technology industry experience in the following:
- Practical FX Industry and trading experience
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated use of testing methodologies and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong initiative-taking, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to analyze large volume of complex data quickly, identify key risks and drive them to closure
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast–growing and changing environment
- Experience with Vendor packages and Inhouse-built systems , testing core functionality and interfaces
- Complete knowledge of the software development lifecycle for iterative, agile, and traditional approaches.
Strong background in Release Management and understanding of architectural schematics
Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time