Danaher Corporation Field Marketing Manager Flow in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Beckman Coulter on LinkedIn!
- Work directly with the sales teams to execute action plans that achieve the annual operating plan.
- Collaborate with the product line business unit to translate business unit strategy and product positioning into geographically specific tactical business plans.
- Leverage a close understanding of the market and customers’ needs to create, implement and measure impact of local/regional demand generation initiatives.
- Positively impact sales force effectiveness through training, creation of relevant sales tools and working directly with the sales team.
- Engage and cultivate strategic customer relationships in order to understand key market trends and to develop a strong network of reference contacts.
- Responsible, in partnership with the product line Sales Managers and VP of Sales, to develop field marketing initiatives in order to generate demand for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences- Flow Cytometry.
Gather detailed regional and product line specific market intelligence from customers and the sales organization to:
o Provide insight to the Business Unit (BU) product managers to assist in the development of future business and product strategy o Use market intelligence to develop and implement sales tools that enhance sales force effectiveness
Work with sales managers and sales representatives to identify and cultivate reference customers;
o Customers will be supported to become customer advocates of Beckman Coulter o Customers may present Beckman Coulter solutions within key technical conferences o Customers may act as references to facilitate and advance other opportunities
Work closely with commercial marketing teams, using customer and market intelligence, to support the development and implementation of successful digital demand generation campaigns.
- Ensure a detailed understanding of competitive products and solutions and work with Business Unit product management to develop effective competitive counter strategies and tactics.
- Identify and ensure attendance at key trade shows and scientific conferences to enhance customer awareness of Beckman Coulter Life Science solutions.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Operations to extract and analyse data from Beckman Coulter Systems (SFDC, Oracle) to provide insight into sales performance, competitive tactics and associated sales tools in order to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Work with Sales Operations and Sales Management to identify and implement Kaizen opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial teams.
- Responsible for development and monitoring Field Marketing KPI’s, metrics and bowlers.
- Work alongside Sales Managers to support new hires during the on-boarding process.
- Support and train the sales organisation through appropriate product and/or application training (in classroom, co-travel, webex, etc...).
- Using customer and market intelligence, support the development and implementation of inside sales tactics and campaigns.
- Scientific qualification at degree level of Bachelor’s or above required
- Academic or professional experience in Flow Cytometry preferred
- MBA qualification preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a customer facing role and/or marketing in the scientific/laboratory segment (a business involving capital equipment experience preferred)
- High flexibility and autonomous work methods and confident navigation in dynamic environment
- Ability to lead by persuasion and influence
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working within a global, multi-cultural, matrixed organization
- Willing to travel regularly (approximately 40-50%)
- Successful candidate will live in North America and within a reasonable driving distance to major metropolitan area and airport
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: BEC011855