Wellington Events Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are looking for a Boston-based Events Specialist to join our Global Marketing team. This person will be responsible for planning and executing components of our Americas and Alternatives events program, including in person events (proprietary events and 3rd party sponsorships) and virtual events, and ensuring all events are effectively planned and executed from initiation through post-event evaluation. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in the asset management industry and solid knowledge of vendors, suppliers, and event partners. They will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, including marketing strategists, business partners, event managers, outside vendors, and 3rd party service providers. The successful candidate will have solid business judgment, exemplary attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time independently, intellectual curiosity, a professional demeanor, and strong self-direction.
· Work closely with internal stakeholders to manage a variety of in-person and virtual events, as part of integrated marketing strategies
· Plan, design, and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
· Create schedules for each event that documents the run of show and all program requirements
· Create and manage promotional and follow-up plan for high profile events
· Help manage an external events contractor
· Lead post-event analysis meetings with internal stakeholders and suppliers ensuring a clear focus on ROI
· Maintain oversight of events budget
· Source, negotiate, and manage relationships and contracts with external suppliers, venues, and vendors to achieve the highest standards of excellence and cost efficiencies
· Bring a continuous improvement mindset by initiating, designing, and implementing new processes related to our events function
· Propose new ideas and creative solutions to streamline internal processes and improve the overall client experience
A solid understanding of the investment industry is a pre-requisite, along with the ability and willingness to travel as required. Prior experience with in-person events, virtual events, and event management technology platforms will be considered favorably.
· 3-5+ years of industry experience
· Portfolio of previously managed events
· Solid business judgment
· Excellent time management and communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects independently
· Strong communications skills
· Collaborative nature
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .