Morgan Stanley Equity Product Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 3,200 investment professionals around the world and $1.3 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of September 30, 2022. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Equity Product Manager performs a critical role within the organization, supporting assigned investment teams and investment strategies, with a focus on partnering with distribution businesses. The Equity Product Manager ‘owns’ all marketing-related functions and acts as the first point of contact for his/her assigned products within the intermediary, institutional, and international marketing channels. He/she coordinates business questions from the field and helps to produce investment-related content contained in: pitch books, fact sheets, sales ideas, talking points, RFPs, websites, etc. He/she may also participate in client/prospect meetings and conduct internal training sessions. The Equity Product Manager generates competitive and positioning analysis, assists with regular commentary production, and handles ad hoc attribution and presentation data requests. He/she also serves as the principal conduit to deal with product issues related to Sales, Marketing, RFP, Legal and Compliance areas.
- Interfaces with internal and external audiences and responds to product-related questions and data requests.
- Oversees the quality and integrity of client- and market-facing investment communications and marketing material.
- Assists with the creation of presentation materials for sales meetings and client requests.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for portfolio attribution, characteristics, holdings, etc.
- Provides sales and marketing support for assigned investment products, developing sales ideas and talking points and providing investment input to marketing plans and programs.
- Reviews RFP content and proofreads investment-related communications and pitch books.
- Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing understanding of assigned equity investment strategies and markets, serving as a backup to senior team members.
Contributes to investment and product education and develops insightful analytics.
Minimum 3 years related experience with an investment manager.
- Strong knowledge of various types of investment products.
- Knowledge and/or experience with closed-end funds a plus
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 required or obtained within 6 months of hire date
- Attention to detail, particularly in written communications.
- Strong technical skills: Factset, Zephyr, eVestment, Morningstar Direct preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- CFA or progress toward CFA preferred.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Job: *Asset/Investment Management
Title: Equity Product Manager
Requisition ID: 3232032