Microsoft Corporation Director, Trusted Cloud - Story Design in Boston, Massachusetts
Security, Compliance and Identity (SCI) is critical for our increasingly digital world. As digital transformation accelerates, our mission to empower every person on the planet by building a safer world has never been more important.
SCI is a multi-billion-dollar business today with a steep growth trajectory. Our addressable market exceeds $150B, and as such Microsoft recently brought these categories together to form our newest commercial customer solution area.
Microsoft plays a unique role in the security space. Unlike pure-play security vendors, we operate both as a platform provider that ships products with security built-in, and as a security solutions provider that ships security solutions that we monetize. Balancing those two roles will continue to be critical for our future success, and we need to continuously articulate the distinction and added value of Microsoft Security. As evidenced during the Exchange On-Premises / Hafnium incidents, reputation risks may arise for us if our core platform business faces security issues. In this deep dive, we seek to articulate our internal focus, external positioning, and their implications on customer-facing aspects of our business, such as branding, packaging, and go-to-market.
• Define and craft the secure cloud narrative, describing the features and functionality that has been built into devices and consumer products.
• Develop an understanding of and recommend Microsoft technologies that are key to our trusted narrative, such as Windows, Xbox etc.
• Partner with engineering and product teams to understand current and roadmapped built-in security features, and their relevance to customers.
• Create content that communicates Microsoft thought leadership around the trusted cloud.
• Work with journeys and comms teams to create amplification and evangelism strategies.
• Partner with PR, engineering and legal/policy organizations to build relationships, advocacy and impact.
Required / minimum qualifications:
• 8+ years of experience in product marketing, corporate communications/PR, corporate marketing and driving change in a large company.
• Demonstrated leadership, storytelling and project managements skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills through all levels of the organization.
Additional or preferred qualifications:
• Desire to operate at the intersection of communications and product marketing, spearheading organizational, operational, and technological change
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
• Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
• Deep understanding of security software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
• Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, fast-paced environment, with rapid exploration, insatiable curiosity and ability to execute
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (often including project management of cross-functional v-teams)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs