Avery Dennison Director, Product Line Management (Core Products) in Boston, Massachusetts
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look. Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
As a director of product line management you are responsible for understand the market for Avery Dennison’s solutions and developing a product line strategy that identifies and exploits key profit pools to enable top and bottom line growth for a specific solution. In this case the role will focus on our Core product portfolio, which includes: woven labels, printed fabric labels, paper and price tickets, which represent approximately 75% of our annual turnover.
As a strategic, leader of a small team, you will work closely across our internal organization to build and execute on the core product line strategy. Your main internal stakeholders will be the Commercial, Business Development, and Product Development & Innovation teams, with whom you will identify and evaluate market needs and develop specific value propositions that convert into new or incremental sales for the core product line. As the market expert for the solution, you utilize this expertise to help strategically drive market growth and sales wins. You are responsible for articulating core global consumer insights, trends, and innovations into a go to market approach– as well as being responsible for empowering the commercial organization with knowledge on new solutions.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
● Building detailed product/solution strategies that are based upon your knowledge and insights on segmentation of the market, analysis of profit pools, and identification and prioritization of key solutions
● Communicate product/solution strategies to selling organizations to provide focus, and for incorporation into sales plans
● Partner with Innovation organization to convert product/solution strategies into solution innovation roadmaps
● Actively manage solution portfolio through its lifecycle, including product lifecycle analysis, product positioning, product line extension, strategic costing, etc.
● Identify and quantify potential disruptors and develop proactive mitigation strategies
● Coordinate with other product PLMs and teams to maximise opportunities across solutions
● Optimize the core product line innovation portfolio and develop a rolling pipeline of revenue
● Collaborate with commercial and other PLM functions to identify opportunities for growth and identify product/solution gaps
● Building comprehensive market knowledge to support the strategic growth development, market trends, latest technology and sustainability
The key performance measures for this job role are:
● Achieving solution sales growth in line with agreed annual goals
● Showing initiative in developing new and Innovative solutions
● Building network of contacts internally and externally to support role
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
● Experience of market development and driving sales growth. Traditional and or online retail apparel industry experience is preferred.
● Competitive with a genuine desire to win
● Team player with enthusiasm for team success and ability to thrive in a cross functional organization
● Ability to work under pressure, manage large workloads and deal with challenges in a professional and calm manner
● A strong eye for detail throughout the process, execution and delivery
● Founded knowledge of existing and new core product materials, knowledge of core manufacturing/converting, techniques and merchandising and a willingness to dig into new technologies
● Ability to identify and understand market trends and able to use strategic thinking and expertise to deliver core product innovations
● Confidence to take initiative and make sound decisions that will benefit the business
● Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
● Experience of handling high profile customers at a senior level
● Ability to conduct training and workshops for basic to advanced level
● International travel is required with this role
● Fluent English
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates using their personal email addresses.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled