Cengage Learning Director, Corporate Strategy in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
· Lead critical analysis on a project basis to help company achieve strategic objectives
· Define, structure & execute operational & strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering & synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, & developing actionable recommendations
· Present findings to senior management & prepare documentation for Board of Directors
· Support business units’ strategy development & implementation
· Support financial, strategic, & commercial evaluation of corporate development opportunities
· Function as team member in a variety of strategy & business development projects, including emerging business opportunities, acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
· Manage Strategy Analysts in Corporate Strategy function.
Skills You Will Need Here:
· BA/BS with high proven achievement – MBA a plus
· Minimum of 5 years previous consulting and/or strategy experience at a top tier consulting firm or equivalent experience at a technology, media, or education firm.
· Overall 8-10 years of professional experience.
· Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights
· Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
· Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
· Able to self-manage progress and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
· Proven managing of both direct reports and virtual teams
· Previous experience at a top tier management strategy consulting firm
· Interest and / or previous experience in education, software, and/or publishing industries a plus
· Highly analytical
· Comfort with and eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems
· Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others
· Travel expected (10-20%)
Requisition ID 2019-5775
Job Function Strategy - Planning
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.