VMware Director - Cloud Incubation - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Boston, Massachusetts
Would you like to lead a team of talented, highly technical, and creative Solution Architects helping bring emerging technology from the VMware Cloud Business Group?
The Cloud Incubation Team is responsible for VMware Clouds' next growth engine(s) and helping bring them to market. The position will lead a team of Solution Architects accountable for driving and improving solutions, services, tooling, and processes with Sales & Product Business Units.
You are expected to ensure the enablement of the team, development of strategies, and repeatable frameworks to create compelling value propositions. As a vital part of the leadership team, you will also be responsible for the direction of your team's effort toward the most profitable and strategic sales opportunities - and, as a result, the achievement of revenue targets.
• Work with Cloud Technical Sales leadership and Cloud Business Groups to align Sale and Product strategy to provide support for scaling the business as emerging technology graduates from Cloud Incubation.
• Coordination of strategic development of Cloud Incubation Solution Architects, including approval of training plans, career development planning, conducting annual performance reviews, coaching/mentoring/counselling Solution architects for their professional growth.
• Review of resource utilization, planning for specialized coverage of all major sales activity areas, and reviewing the resource matching process.
• Recruitment and hiring of Solution Architect's to fill staffing requirements.
• Motivation, development, and retention of all Solution Architect's
• The direction of the Solution Architect's within the region and the development of long-term coverage plans for the Solution Architect in various regions or segments.
• Additional responsibilities include development of relationships with other organizations inside VMware as well as maintaining current knowledge of both corporate and industry direction.
• Global Leadership Team including Executives, VP's, Sr. Directors, Directors
• Sales Manager(s) and Sales Director(s)
• VMware Cloud Sales team(s)
• VMware Cloud Product Management team(s)
• VMware Cloud Marketing and Technical Marketing team(s)
• At least 5+ years of Demonstrating Solutions Engineering leadership or management experience.
• Strong people management skills, including hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining technical sales and an ability to manage any performance shortfalls.
• Relationship-building skills – can establish positive internal relationships with colleagues and management peers.
• Demonstrated proficiency as a leader of individual contributors in a professional environment with proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrates high ethics and integrity – is a respected leader whom people want to work for.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills
• Qualification in business or engineering discipline or equivalent training and industry experience.
• Technical sales or consulting skills are essential.
This position is eligible for JoinCloudSales referral campaign.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-10-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs