Ford Motor Company Designer, Ford Drive in Boston, Massachusetts
In this position...
Come help build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. It’s a belief that has fueled our passion to create great cars and trucks. And today, it drives our commitment to become the world’s most trusted mobility company, helping our customers stay connected and move safely, confidently, and freely.
Ford Drive is a new business focused on delivering flexible access to electric vehicles. The new brand & business was built out of Ford’s incubation & VC-investment division, Ford Next, which is focused on developing new shared, sustainable transportation businesses for the next generation of Ford customers. Ford Drive will scale to multiple cities in 2023, which has created an opportunity for an exciting role in our design team, to help shape & deploy the user experience across all digital touchpoints.
You’ll be responsible for designing low to high fidelity design prototypes, managing design system assets, and delivering finalized digital designs through the life cycle of new products and services. Portfolio is required.
What you'll do...
We are looking for an exceptionally gifted designer who is obsessed with exploring and advancing the latest interactive design trends and technologies. In this role, you must be able to envision the big picture while also rolling up your sleeves to perfect the smallest project details. You will collaborate with our team to create compelling and thoughtful web and mobile user experiences.
As a Digital Product Designer, you will:
• Participate throughout the entire design process —from inspiration and research to building prototypes and delivering designs to our tech/development teams.
• Contribute to and manage a cohesive design system, UX principles and visual guidelines across multiple digital touchpoints (mobile, web, etc.).
• Work with our design, product, and marketing teams to conceive, design, develop, test, and launch new products and services.
• Identify design opportunities and actionable concepts that align with user and business needs, design principles, and technical capabilities.
• Collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity–from scenario storytelling, wireframing, data visualization, click-through prototypes, animation, and motion design to functional prototypes and build-ready assets.
• Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception.
The minimum requirements we seek:
• Bachelor's Degree in visual design, interaction design, design-driven discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of UI design experience, inclusive of high-fidelity prototypes
• 5+ years of experience in creating sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and written documentation, using modern design tools (Figma, InVision, etc.)
• 5+ Years of experience shipping digital products with agile design and development practices.
• A portfolio that showcases, thoughtful, simple, deliberate intuitive design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals.
• Proven track record in emerging tech, the latest creative tools, and design trends.
• Proven track record of building and maintaining library of brand assets and resources.
• Passion for Human-Centered Design and a drive to make interactive technology better for people.
Our preferred requirements:
• Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
• Expertise in design and prototyping tools (Figma, etc.)
• Expertise in creating and managing design systems
• Expertise in responsive design for desktop, tablet, and mobile websites
• Expertise in native iOS and Android app design
• Expertise in motion graphics and animation (After Effects)
• Experience building inclusive and accessible design solutions.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies within startup and/or tech sector
• Ability to collaborate directly with marketing team, product managers, and software engineers.
• Proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography, and how these elements impact brand identity and product function
• Proficiency in human-centered design approaches, techniques, and philosophy
Even better, you may have...
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Requisition ID : 12780
Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company Jobs