Cengage Learning Data Analytics Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
The Data Analytics Manager will be responsible for data analysis and insights, and for ensuring the related inputs and outputs: internal data supply, integration and fidelity via internal systems; seamless data integration and flow with channel partners; and working with account managers to develop and act on data-driven insights and issue resolution. This position will report to the Director of Channel Strategic Initiatives and Operations.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure seamless data sharing
and integration, replacing manual process/tracking with automation and standardized
• Lead inbound and outbound reporting in collaboration with Analyst, Channel Partner
Operations and Support
• Create and maintain dashboards for internal visibility into channel partner profiles and market
• Analyze data for actionable insights; collaborate with channel managers to identify related
• Prepare materials for business reviews
Skills You Will Need Here:
• 4-year college degree, with 4+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, e.g., data
analytics, marketing analytics, strategy consulting, operations
• Previous systems (SQL, Access, Tableau) knowledge, with experience creating dashboards
• Highly analytical, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Office
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experience working with customers and/or channel partners
• Demonstrated experience driving innovation and process improvement that enable a
business to achieve its objectives
• Proven track record of leading and influencing; exceptional collaboration, relationship
and consultative skills with demonstrated success building partnerships with internal
and external contacts at all organizational levels in amatrixedenvironment
• Availability and ability to travel overnight, potentially a few nights per year
Requisition ID 2018-4636
Job Function Strategy - Planning
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.