State Street Corporate Strategy Vice President-3 in Boston, Massachusetts
State Street’s Corporate Strategy Group is focused on providing strategic support and insight across State Street’s diverse business lines (e.g., asset management, custody services, data & analytics solutions, FX & treasury) to drive effective decision-making and action by senior management and the Board.
This is a great opportunity for a Case Team Leader to transition from consulting and join a very small, high-impact team with direct exposure to State Street’s senior management, Management Committee, CEO and the Board. The group has a strong track-record of people migrating from Global Strategy to leadership roles across the firm, and senior management includes many alumni from top management consulting firms.
As a Vice President on the Corporate Strategy team, you will participate in complex strategy projects, working with senior leaders across the organization. Typical projects could include strategy development, analyzing fintech opportunities for partnerships/acquisitions, market entry or exit, market segmentation, product / customer positioning and profitability, and capital investment decisions.
As part of our team you will continually enable the management team to assess the health of the business and to make decisions to adapt to those changing conditions.
- Understand strategic issues faced by the business
- Run projects designed to assess and address those strategic issues: from framing up-front work plans to crafting and executing on the analyses and steps outlined in those plans
- Distill complex information down into clear, actionable insights for senior management
- Propose and design ongoing methods for monitoring the health of the business
- Communicate results and findings to senior management
- Own relationships with key partners
- Engage in “quick hit” deliverables for senior leadership
- Identify business investment needs for purposes of financial planning and subsequent tracking
- Mentor less-experienced team members to develop a collaborative and challenging team environment focused on development and growth
Skills / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience. Top-tier strategy consulting experience preferred, particularly with exposure to Financial Services
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Strong work-ethic with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- Financial analysis skills consistent with MBA training
- Strong communication skills with ability to use experience and analysis to gain support
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work independently and as a team member and coach to less-experienced team members
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, including quick turn-around high priority items
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time