The Mentor Network Corporate Philanthropy Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Corporate Philanthropy Specialist Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St Function: Marketing/Communication The MENTOR Network
Corporate Philanthropy Specialist , Public Strategy Group, The MENTOR Network, Seaport, Boston, MA
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers operating in 36 states. The Public Strategy Group is responsible for developing and implementing The Network’s agenda with regard to communications, investor relations, marketing & proposal development, government & community affairs, media relations and corporate philanthropy.
As a member of the Public Strategy Group, the Corporate Philanthropy Specialist will support the execution of The Network’s agenda with regard to corporate philanthropy, including the administration of The MENTOR Network Charitable Foundation; Network Angels, The Network’s emergency assistance fund and The Network’s National Volunteer Day as well as other projects as assigned.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of External Affairs, support the execution of all philanthropic initiatives:
The MENTOR Network Charitable Foundation
On a quarterly basis review and provide funding recommendations for Community Partner Grants;
- Ensure the activities of the Foundation are publicized across Network platforms, including Facebook and relevant websites as well as seeking local media opportunities to highlight the Foundation and it’s grant programs;
- Manage the administration of the Community Champions and Stepping Stones grant programs; including coordinating nomination reviews and the process for awarding grants
Manage online grants database.
Coordinate the administration of grants, including:
Scheduling and preparing for committee meetings;
- Overseeing the processing of checks;
Updating database to reflect grants made.
The Network’s National Volunteer Day
Working collaboratively with corporate and operations leadership, play a key leadership role in the organization of a national day of service in multiple sites in several states.
Support additional special projects as assigned including, but not limited to:
Holiday gift giving initiatives;
- Corporate event sponsorships;
- Event planning, including The Network’s annual internal awards ceremony.