IBM Communications Lead - IBM Cloud for Financial Services in Boston, Massachusetts
IBM Cloud for Financial Services is enabling new business transformation, security and compliance outcomes in hybrid and public cloud for mission-critical banking workloads. Ready to apply your keen market sensing and competitive analysis skills in financial services and hybrid cloud to guide our clients and offering?
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the IBM Cloud for Financial Services team, you will work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment that is focused on accelerating adoption of cloud offerings for financial institutions and independent software vendor (ISVs). You will create content and communications material by turning IBM's technology strategies and roadmaps into impactful presentations for our leadership teams and diverse stakeholders. In this role you will develop and execute on internal communication plans to ensure that we educate and build awareness and energy around the Financial Services cloud market, innovations and accomplishments, sharing the positivity within IBM.
Key outcome measures for this role are:
• Define, develop and manage end-to-end communications program for business unit
• Partner with thought leaders to create specific communication material and content for multiple channels
• Manage complex, communications challenges with good judgement and a bias toward action
• Create compelling narratives to accurately convey the potential and trajectory of programs
• Manage stakeholder expectations through regular cadence of program communications
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships, interfacing with key partners in cross-functional team
• Educate and build awareness and energy across the IBM community, leveraging newsletters and video blogs to communicate financial services cloud innovations and accomplishments
• Develop and execute on employee communications within the Cloud for Financial Services organization to engage, inspire and energize the team
Preferred work locations : Austin, Dallas, TX, Research Triangle Park, NC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 7+ years of Communications experience
• 5+ years of proven success executing impactful and creative communications programs
• Experience working in a technology environment
• Ability to understand complex issues and explain them in well-written communications
• Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Ability to process disparate and ambiguous inputs into clear and organized content
• Creative problem solving and sharp organization skills
• Ability to develop, plan and execute on multiple projects in a demanding environment
• Demonstrated collaboration and interpersonal skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Program and project management skills
• Experience in IT transformation and/or public cloud technologies
• Understanding of financial industry regulatory compliance and controls
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs