State Street Business Strategy and Planning, Vice President, Global Exchange in Boston, Massachusetts
Front-to-back Strategic Sales Consultants will report directly to the [Head of the front-to-back sales team] and will serve as consultants to client teams, assisting them to identify and execute front-to-back sales opportunities. Consultants will be expected to rapidly develop expertise in a wide variety of product areas, enabling them to take ownership of specific client accounts and drive front-to-back sales in those accounts. Specific responsibilities will include: working with client teams to complete account plans, creating and presenting client sales materials, articulating and communicating the front-to-back value proposition to clients and fellow employees, managing the realization of revenue synergies, and collaborating with subject matter experts from across State Street to facilitate joint problem-solving and develop strategic solutions to complex client problems.
In addition, consultants will be expected to lead the ongoing development and communication of State Street’s front-to-back strategy. Specific strategy tasks may include market sizing, customer segmentation, competitor analysis, sales and pricing strategy development, and customer needs assessments. The goal of all strategy tasks will be to improve State Street’s competitive position across the investment lifecycle in furtherance of State Street’s front-to-back strategy.
The role requires the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels, the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, willingness to be exposed to ambiguity, and the ability rapidly learn complex concepts. Strong analytical, leadership and coaching capabilities are considered a plus.
- Champion the front-to-back strategy, driving awareness and understanding of a consistent front-to-back narrative for clients, the broader market and our employees
- Formally and informally educate other employees on key elements of front-to-back
- Identify opportunities to expand discussions beyond individual products and toward front-to-back solutions
- Drive client teams to complete assessment of front-to-back opportunities
- Control the initial value proposition communicated to clients and coordinate consistent client communications and interactions
- Develop and deploy a structured process to assist the business with consolidating and presenting opportunities in a consistent and impactful manner
- Identify and secure additional resources (e.g., product SMEs) across the organization where needed
- Manage the realization of revenue synergies across products and business units
Mentor and coach analysts to develop their skills with the eventual goal of up-skilling them to consultants
Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time