Microsoft Corporation Business Program Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
• Refresh and augment the CE&S Manager development strategy
• Review current and propose new Learning Programs to support the strategy implementation
• Establish manager-readiness virtual team that moves the strategy to reality
• Provide CE&S Managers new to Microsoft or new to role a community to help with their onboarding experience; enabling them to quickly lead their teams effectively
• Drive an integrated CE&S-wide manager capability experience to enable org-wide manager learning alignment, scalability of development resources, integration of communications, and the exchange of best practices among CE&S managers
• Support CE&S HR lead to launch CE&S-wide Manager Excellence Community (MEC) sessions three to four times per year
• Leverages industry metrics and trainings to identify opportunities that improve leadership skills and the ability to adopt, scalable, and grow learnings cross CE&S.
• Enable leaders to use growth mindset to strategically, plan, implement and experience change
• Drive the ability to communicate, execute and lead future change
• Enable the skills needed to Model | Coach | Care while creating clarity, generating energy, and driving success
Success Criteria includes:
• Acknowledged within CE&S as an expert in Manager learning and readiness.
• Enable and empower management teams to communicate, implement and provide guidance on strategic initiatives to all CE&S employees.
• Strong positive feedback from leaders and employees on CE&S managers
• Close collaboration with CE&S Manager readiness leads, HR, and CE&S L&D Teams
• Exhibits how to work within a cross functional (V-Team) environment successfully
• Exhibits how to connect the envisioned work to the business desired outcomes
The ideal candidate will have:
• 10+ years of program management experience and leadership/people-development program design and execution, acute business acumen and understanding of leadership development approaches, adult learning and leadership theories, and phases of the learning experience design lifecycle.
• Demonstrated business acumen, being able to anticipate strategic technical employee development needs based on business growth, technology changes, or changing customer scenarios
• Certifications and/or experience delivering professional development courses (e.g., Situational Leadership, DiSC, Strengths Finders).
• Demonstrated skills in delivering success: proactively thinking ahead and solving for potential problems, with an execution-focus enabled through gaining buy-in and effective change/expectation management.
Regardless of your background, you should have the following skills:
• Self-motivated, confident working with senior leaders and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
• Strong global culture awareness, communication, and collaboration skills, across a complex matrixed network in CE&S with multiple stakeholders in multiple locations
• Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or recognized industry certifications preferred
Travel may be required ([10% of time).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs