S&P Global Business Development Manager- Risk Management in Boston, Massachusetts
The Role: 275039 Business Development Manager- Risk Management
The Team: The CIS team focuses on defining, managing and supporting workflow solutions that deliver our best-of-breed data to professionals across the markets and segments we serve. This inspired team of experts collaborate to drive continuous market awareness for the commercial organization and provide consistent feedback around improvements in product innovation and usability. The team’s goal is to preserve and grow existing business, while also focusing on expansion to untapped segments and markets through product advancement
The Impact: As the Business Development Manager for Risk Management this role will support the business line objectives of developing and delivering integrated data, research, and analytic solutions to our clients globally. They will support the sales teams in helping to qualify and diagnose new prospects by designing and delivering solutions in highly technical and specialized product applications. Additionally, they support the relationship management teams in qualifying new upsell opportunities in existing accounts. his will include partnering and educating the commercial teams on changing market trends, macro events impacting customers, driving adoption of our products, managing campaigns and seeking out new alliances. This individual will also partner with the individual product managers to raise awareness around enhancements and derivations that can help drive the business.
What’s in it for you:
• Align with commercial strategy and help execute high level strategic pre-sales and post-sales implementation plans.
• Identify, develop and manage key alliance partnerships for specific workflows
• Drive the commercial strategy for defined workflow globally
• Partner with product management, product development and technology team to provide and prioritize requirements for future releases
• Accountable for defining and executing commercial strategy for defined workflows in partnership with MI commercial team
• Partner with product managers when deep-dive on specific CIS products are needed
• Provide feedback to CIS leadership team on requirements for product enhancements and new products
• Develops campaigns and initiatives for driving revenue growth for workflow and segment-specific sales and assists in client retention work around business line products in conjunction with product managers
• Ensures that team is aware of trends and responds to market demands with relevant products and services to drive revenue
• Contribute to pricing policies
What We’re Looking For:
• In-depth knowledge of the financial industry and competitive landscape as well as an understanding of differentiated Alternative Data concepts and how they relate to enterprise clients (ie: investment management, investment banking, academics, financial corp, etc…).
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in defining enterprise data strategies, and successfully leading product management functions.
• Strong organizational management, business case development, and able to work across business teams to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with advanced/predictive analytics, and data-centric technologies desired.
Note: Based on hiring leader recommendation (US only) and Visa appetite, you may add an optional line that reads: This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 12,13
The Location: London, NY, Boston, Denver, Chicago, Toronto,
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $105k - $185kA to $Z. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 275039
Posted On: 2022-09-09
Location: New York, New York, United States
- S&P Global Jobs