GAF Business Development Manager - Business Services in Boston, Massachusetts
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The GAF Business Services Team is a dynamic and growing team whose primarily responsibilities revolve around developing and scaling cutting edge digital tools and technologies that bring value and solve many of the industry's common pain points. The team is tasked with maximizing customer interaction, expanding GAF’s reach, and supporting GAF’s position as a leader in technology.
GAF is seeking an energetic, self-driven individual to lead business development activities and create new business service opportunities and partnerships. You will be the customer facing voice of the team and will create and apply an effective sales strategy with dedication, speed, and attention to detail. The goal is to forge and nurture deep, long lasting customer, and partner relationships that drive sustainable revenue growth through proof of concept, implementation, and scale. Start up experience is a plus.
The successful candidate's primary focus will be communicating with and visiting potential B2B customers and partners (small and large) to educate and sell digital solutions from our Business Services go-to market offerings. Customers include roofing contractors, insurance companies, real estate companies, large property management companies, and more. The Business Development Manager will devise and execute plans to leverage GAF’s strengths in order to increase revenue and enhance customer satisfaction.
This is a great opportunity to solve business challenges, unlock new opportunities, and have fun doing it!
● Identify, strategize, and grow new business development opportunities within defined verticals.
● Nurture and support the on-boarding of new customers. Coordinate support as required working with customer success & technical teams to on-board new clients and external partners.
● Identify new partners, resellers, and associations that will generate a sustainable revenue stream.
● Identify and participate in relevant conferences, business & technical seminars, trade shows, etc
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
● Proven record of market development performance in emerging technologies – a hunter approach
● Must have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
● Excellent written and oral communication skills. Willingness to present to customers one-on-one, in small groups, and lecture at events
● Strong business and technical background with an ability to engage in technical discussions with customers/partners regarding digital & software based solutions.
● A team player, who can work collaboratively within the organization
● Creative thinker, who is open-minded to thinking outside of the box
● Bachelor’s Degree Required
● MBA Preferred
● Minimum of 7 years of related business experience with a minimum of 3 or more in a business development / sales type role
● Experience in or demonstrated understanding of construction materials or related industry
No of direct reports: 0
No of indirect reports: 0
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Remote: Should be within driving distance to Parsippany, NJ on an as needed basis
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Hawk, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.
- GAF Jobs